free website stats program Sound like a scam? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sound like a scam?

Why don't you have him send payment to your Pay Pal account for your selling price and see if there is really $$$ How can you be scammed if you have his money and you don't release the bike until all money has cleared?

Why don't you have him send payment to your Pay Pal account for your selling price and see if there is really $$$ How can you be scammed if you have his money and you don't release the bike until all money has cleared?

kinda scared to give them my paypal account info

kinda scared to give them my paypal account info

Lots of scammers out there, and a lot use yahoo email addresses. He said he would have a shipping agent come pick up the bike, so just have the shipping agent bring cash when he picks it up. No cash..... no bike. Mention that to him and I'll bet you a cold beer you never hear from him again. Or if you do, it will be some lame excuse of why he doesn't want it anymore. Good luck.

It absolutely is a scam. I got about 4 of these in the week I was selling my bike on CL. Googled CL scams and saw it almost word for word. Big tell is they don't mention what the item for sale is (they just say "the item").

The scammer has an angle that is not commonly known. If you want a level playing field, you want to know at least what the scammer knows. Otherwise, it would not be wise to play a game with him.

Enjoy,
Rich P

If a buyer opens a paypal dispute paypal will take all the money back from you the buyer may say that he never got the item and under paypal terms and conditions the seller is responsible for the item till it arrives with the buyer and i am sure that the buyer will argue that it was not his shipper that picked up your bike

Brian

Sounds fishy to me as well...I always contact the seller directly and do the Q & A over the phone to ensure I'm truly interested in what they're selling & it sounds legit as well (scams can go both ways). One good thing w/CraigsList is you can "ignore" anyone and concentrate on your "true" local requester's. Good luck w/the sale.

Not much use for a Bike on an Offshore Oil Platform. I wouldn't be providing ANYONE with any personal financial information on the internet. Sounds like some 'less than bright' sneak-thief might have thought that this story would make sense to a seller/victim.

Hold off and sell it to an actual "in-person" human being. With CASH in their hand!

Bob

Back