free website stats program Sound like a scam? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sound like a scam?

I've had a few of those In the past few years. Nothing but a scam. They never mention the actual description of what you're selling.

The other tip off was they never asked if the item was still for sale, they'd say they're "happy to hear that the item is still for sale,Thanks for your response".

But I hadn't heard from them before, so there had been no response from me to be happy about.

Last edited:
This is a Worldwide scam.I just picked up a free monthly Bike mag when i was at one of the local shops and one of the editors was selling his Suzuki Bandit and the ONLY enquiries he got were from 6 people who had Maritime based jobs;ALL of them were currently hundreds of kilometers offshore and ALL wanted to pay via Paypal.And ALL of them were buying the bike as a surprise gift for a Family member.Wish mine were that generous.

And could they have his Paypal details so the could pay him without delay?.

I think you guys get the picture---

and...do you notice the way his email reads, not exactly the way I would expect a conversation to go, they try to be way too formal.

I was selling a few items not too long ago on CL and was bombarded by these, happily I did manage to sell them to real people.

I think it is best way to report scams to authorities and let them catch that person. That way it will not happens to others... Just my 2 cents...

I think it is best way to report scams to authorities and let them catch that person. That way it will not happens to others.

Thats part of the problem right there. Until they actually rip you off, no scam or crime has been committed. And when they do, it's too late. A lot of these scams are initiated from outside this country and no one goes after the crooks.

Always state in your add cash only and phone calls only will be accepted. You minimize and eliminate most of the scammers!
WAP.gif

Thanks for that info Tank. I've always wondered how they use Paypal in a scam. Turns out they use trusting people that don't check every detail.

Back