free website stats program Snowbirding in AZ | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Snowbirding in AZ

Well, there was no room at the inn, so we stopped in Tucson for the winter. Or, at least, the next month. Just got the internet setup this morning, so I'm a little behind. Another lesson to add to my list, warm climates in the winter do not necessarily have a vacancy. :newsmile093: I'll know better next year.

While I was turning into my RV site, I got my bike trailer into the chainlink fence. Wound up bending the shaft that the double hitch pivots on, and ruined a tire. Guess I need to get that rear view camera sooner rather than later. Oh well, get someone with a torch to heat it up and I can bend it back to reasonably straight. Never a dull day. :lolrolling

Hey Jake, hows the weather down there. We're buryed in snow and wishing we were with you. Maybe next year!

Weather is horrible. It rained Tuesday night and only got into the 50's yesterday. Back into the 60's today and sunny. Guess I'll go for a ride this afternoon once it warms up a bit. You know, I could get used to this type of winter. :laugh

Jake, just sent you a PM with a link to our RC site. We're in Tucson, and are a wide open group. You are welcome to join right in and ride with us. There is a run calendar in the site, that gives dates, times, meetup locations, and run maps.

Anybody else want the link, let me know. Don't know if it is kosher to post in the forums, so PMs unless notified otherwise.

Enjoy,
Rich P

A little behind on posting stuff. Took a ride through the Saguaro Nat Park a couple of days ago with the wife. Took this photo of her in front of one of the cactus, these things get pretty big. Sorry about being turned sideways.

DSC_4510.JPG

The Tank was kind enough to show me around some today. He and a couple of his buddies came doen from the Phoenix area, met me in Tucson, and then we made a big loop through the desert, splitting off towards the end so each could head for their respective homes. Some great scenery, great ride, good food, a cold one for a toast, and very good hosts. Thanks again.

Another picture from the Saguaro Nat Park. This is a skyline shot, and shows just how many of these are out there. On the ride New Years Eve with Tank, we would be riding through an area that was covered with them, all of a sudden there would not be one of them in sight. It bounced back and forth like that almost all day. Varied vegetation is a truth in the Sonoran Desert.

Saguaro_Skyline.jpg

Back