free website stats program Snowbirding in AZ | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Snowbirding in AZ

If any one is interested, I have a trailer like Jakes for sale only its a single wheel worked great for us. still in great shape. we bought a toy hauler so dont need it anymore if interested PM me.

Hello retired Jake. February 18 os my official retirement day. Looking forward to it. How long have you had your swivelwheel? How many miles on it approx? Any issues? What would you have done differently from your experience with the swivelwheel? I'm still trying to collect data for my decision. Thanks.

I have had this trailer for about 3 years. I probably have close to 10,000 miles on it behind my 5th wheel. I did have some tire issues on the first trip, a loose wheel rim (my fault), a cotter pin in the suspension that gouged a tire (I should have picked this up earlier than I did), and a tire that blew due to ??? Since that first trip, I have not had any more issues with the tires.

One thing you do need to be aware of is the extra wide swing when making tight turns. You have 5 to 7 feet additional length behind the axels, and when you turn tight, you need that much more room to the outside. I did catch it in a gas station one time and had to straighten the swivel on the hitch. Pay attention and you are okay.

Hello Retired Jake. I'm about to retire also and want to haul a Road Glide behind my 5'vr. I was referred to you rpost and see you have over 10,000 miles on this Smart Trailer and sound very happy with the thing. I was wondering if you are familiar with the Swivel Wheel by Cruismaster and the defferences, good or bad with the Smart Trailer. I've also been comunicating with the guys at Overbuilt Lifts, but hesitate to put a lift on the back of the 5'vr instead of a extention of the trrailer as in the swivelwheel type attachments. Thanks for any input you can offer.

Not familiar with the Cruismaster, so can't offer any observations. One thing to be careful of, is to make sure that your RoadGlide will fit on the trailer. On mine, I can fit my Dyna easily, but the Ultra will not fit due to the tourpak and the tailight.

Back