free website stats program Smokie/Blue Ridge Parkway | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Smokie/Blue Ridge Parkway

I live about 45 minutes from the BRP and am up that way a lot. Have ridden most of it at one time or another and never get tired of the place. Be advised , watch your fuel. There are almost no places directly on the BRP to buy any. I also recommend you check their web site and road closure/detour info before you start your trip. We had some pretty severe weather for the region this winter and there are some closures of section. Doesn't really matter because the whole area is motorcycle friendly and any road around here is as good or better than the BRP.
Doug

Im about 5 to 6 miles from blue ridge parkway great place to ride watch for deer in morning and late afternoon e mail me when you are going to be down and we might meet up and ride some.

Pix from my recent trip. The bear was seen in Cade Cove, right near Gatlinburg.

Attachments

• 00010112000037.jpg
    00010112000037.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2831.jpg
    IMG_2831.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 43
Love Cade's Cove. We make a couple of trips there each year ( early spring and Fall).
Check out some of the caves in the area while your there, it amazing what's under appearently solid ground.

Me and my wife hope to be leaving from Houston to Bethal, New York around the middle of june for 8 to 9 days of riding. We hope to either rider there on the way up or catch it on the way back. That is one of the places that are on my list to ride to.

Lost count how many times I rode this awesome road. I like the North Carolins stretch best!!! Go on line to get the list of mile markers where you can get off for fuel. No more gas stations on the BRP anymore!

Anyone been to the blue ridge parkway and smokey mountains? We are thinking of going for a ride there next summer from 80 miles south of Chicago and have about 9 days to do it.

Was in the Smokys last year and plan to visit again this year in June. We went directly to Maggie Valley and rented a two bedroom cabin for a week. From there we did rides each day to different locations. Get a ride map from here:
AMERICA RIDES MAPS - 5 Classic Rides Around Maggie Valley, NC; tail of the dragon; blue ridge parkway; hellbender 28; thunder road; devils triangle; hot springs

It has some great roads! Devil's Triangle and Thunder Road are great rides. And of course Hellbender 28 to the Dragon is great too.

Also order this map:
AMERICA RIDES MAPS - Maggie Valley to Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway, motorcycle road maps, blue ridge parkway; deals gap; cherohala; maggie valley;

The best part of BRP is from Cherokee to 276. And try to make it through the part on 441.

Back