free website stats program Shovels | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shovels

Man, I hope HD did not use those blue 3M Splice locks...they are unsealed allowing moisture intrusion and then corrosion soon after. There are better splice methods, and can be sealed with a dab of RTV.

Early 78's had points,late 78's had electronic ignition.

And alot of problems early on with this ignition, I renmember one bike that wouldnt stay running for 5 minutes with the first electronic igbnition set up

Here is my 80 FLH.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 43
  • shovel717c.jpg
    shovel717c.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 41
  • shovel717.jpg
    shovel717.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 39
Very Nice! Where did you pick up that ribbed battery cover? I bought one from a supplier (who shall go unnamed), But it turned out to be a very cheezy repo. Super thin sheet metal. I couldn't believe that they claimed it was an exact replica.

Very Nice! Where did you pick up that ribbed battery cover? I bought one from a supplier (who shall go unnamed), But it turned out to be a very cheezy repo. Super thin sheet metal. I couldn't believe that they claimed it was an exact replica.
I found the ribbed cover in an old cycle shop. I had to do a lot of cleaning but it is a big heavy duty piece.

78 FLH been through two wives...still have the shovel...hehe...anyone have any experience with a hydraulic clutch install...my old hands are getting weaker

Back