free website stats program Shovels | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shovels

Most of mine are older, but have 1 Shovel.............

1971HDSuperGlide.jpg

Gota Love them Shovels.
1980 FLH That I have rode for 17 years (Was my Fathers 1st harley) and 1983 FXR

And here are the pics
100_0799.jpg

i just got my first shovelhead, a 82 fxs low rider. still needs some work done to it. im having a hard time finding some small parts for it. if anyone has some parts let me know. the thing that i don't like about it, is the high speed vibration. at 60 my butt starts to hurt...lol i guess it takes some getting used too. i love riding it at 50mph and under, but where i live its mostly highways. i didn't want my first Harley to be a sportster, and when i was around 21 i made a promise to 1 day own a 79 low rider, i was off by a couple years. im 42 now, so it took 20 years to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got my first shovelhead, a 82 fxs low rider. still needs some work done to it. im having a hard time finding some small parts for it. if anyone has some parts let me know. the thing that i don't like about it, is the high speed vibration. at 60 my butt starts to hurt...lol i guess it takes some getting used too. i love riding it at 50mph and under, but where i live its mostly highways. i didn't want my first Harley to be a sportster, and when i was around 21 i made a promise to 1 day own a 79 low rider, i was off by a couple years. im 42 now, so it took 20 years to do it.

What parts are you looking for? Also, remember, your riding a shovelhead. They vibrate. That's their job.

Last edited by a moderator:
What parts are you looking for? Also, remember, your riding a shovelhead. They vibrate. That's their job.
well i just ordered all the dash pieces i needed from j and p. but i still need some passenger pegs and a chain tensioner for the rear drive. and a repair manual. i have found several manuals, but they want too much for them. the rest of the little parts i already ordered. i would like to get that book that tells what fits what. and i need a windshield too, used though. money is tight right now, due to the economy. im still looking for some riding chaps and leather gloves, but those can wait.

well i just ordered all the dash pieces i needed from j and p. but i still need some passenger pegs and a chain tensioner for the rear drive. and a repair manual. i have found several manuals, but they want too much for them. the rest of the little parts i already ordered. i would like to get that book that tells what fits what. and i need a windshield too, used though. money is tight right now, due to the economy. im still looking for some riding chaps and leather gloves, but those can wait.

What size chaps are you looking for? I have a set I do not use and will let them go cheap...

Last edited:
Well I'm new to the Harley scene and wanted to come here to introduce myself and get some much needed help. I'm Justin Winstead, originally from Texas but I've been in the Army for just over 11 years so I'm from all over now. About 2 days after I got back from Iraq my father passed away and left me his '52 CPT. America replica. The title says it's a '52 but from what I know the original CPT America was a Pan-Head but I believe I have a Shovel-Head...(again, I'm new!) and I've been told that they didn't make Shovel-Heads back then, so to be honest with you I have no idea what I have!! It needs a little TLC but I'm up for the challenge as long as some of you guys can help me out as far as explaining things to me and I'm open to any suggestions. I've uploaded several pictures of it on my profile so feel free to check them out and email me some knowledge...just keep in mind that I'm a greenhorn here so you'll have to dumb it down for me! Well, I guess thats about it for now, I have too many questions to put in here and I don't want to use up all your paitence right off the bat. Take care

Back