free website stats program Shovels | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shovels

Don't go over 1/2 ounce extra in each leg if you go over specs. Maybe just a heavier grade will do.

How's school going?

Gary, I appreciate the invite and would like to meet you too very much. If you were a bit closer, I would take you up on that offer for sure.
You sound excited to get to the dealership after school ends and I can understand why too. Just give it your best and I'm sure everything will turn out good for all concerned.

Good luck in your future endeavors my friend.

Had a 75 shovel,went to my dealer for a piece of wire to fix the tail light,came out with wire,AND my Wide Glide,orgasmic experience to ride faster than 60 and not get vibrated off the bike!!Sold the shovel,got some bling,never been happier!

After two sportster's I got my shovel in 1981.Its a 79 model fxe and I am still riding it today.:D

:bigsmiley28:
Old Shovels & old riders get better with age with the proper maintainance.
My '81 Sturgis keeps up with the Evos and will run away from some. :bigsmiley20:
Shovelheads forever!!!

:newsmile034:Other than sportys rule!!!!!! shovels rock,dudes. working on a 78 lowrider and will post pics when done(a month or sooooo)

Got a 78 FXS.Nothing sounds like a shovel.Wife likes the vibration too.Not a great road bike though.

And nothing sounds as good as 2 shovels riding side-by-side... If you''ve ever done it, I'm sure you noticed the shovelhead thrum. For those that haven't, it's the sound of 2 shovelheads running at just about the same engine speed. The engines are just abut in sync, but just enough off to create what would best be called an echo between the 2 different motor sounds.

You can only hear it when 2 shovels are running side-by-side or in a short stagger. EVOs and Twin Cams don't do it. Just the shovels.

It's the one thing that AMF did right. They gave the shovels a soul. There's nothing else like it in the world.

That's why I still have my first Harley.

Last edited:
Back