free website stats program SE compensator | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE compensator

Wow, nice pictures. They explain a lot. The oil holes look pretty big to me. I guess they could clog if your primary oil was really past due.

Sure looks like a winner but they say it still has problems?

Wondering how long it would take to clog the oil holes, and what about the needle bearings, how much abuse can they take?

Wow, nice pictures. They explain a lot. The oil holes look pretty big to me. I guess they could clog if your primary oil was really past due.

Sure looks like a winner but they say it still has problems?

This is the speculation on the new SE Comp is, over time there "could be" a build up of debris in the smaller holes and clog them preventing lubrication to the bore. The other unknow is the thrust bearing that replaced the fiber washer.

Im thinking that it might require a more frequent primary oil change ( Every time the engine oil is changed?) and a better magnet to catch the metal particles ( Such as the Dimple super magnet drain plug )

how much abuse can they take?

Abuse?? Didn't know a Harley was made to take abuse.:)

But ya, it's hard to say. Those parts do and will get hammered. I could see those sandwich washers dimpling from the bearing but someone with bearing knowledge might really know the answer.
Those washers and needle bearing are not available by themselves.

Abuse?? Didn't know a Harley was made to take abuse.:)

But ya, it's hard to say. Those parts do and will get hammered. I could see those sandwich washers dimpling from the bearing but someone with bearing knowledge might really know the answer.
Those washers and needle bearing are not available by themselves.

The bearings and washer are sold as a kit with just them. Its listed in the parts list pic. # 36500079

I'll try to get some pictures and show the NEW problems.... I saw some picts a while back, I'll try to locate and put them up here under this thread.

Bubbie, I received the pictures from you. Here they are.

Attachments

• P1020927R.jpg
    P1020927R.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 47
  • P1020928R.jpg
    P1020928R.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 42
  • P1020930R.jpg
    P1020930R.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 46
  • P1020934R.jpg
    P1020934R.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 41
  • P1020936R.jpg
    P1020936R.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 41
Bubbie, I received the pictures from you. Here they are.

Thanks Hoop... Thanks for posting them:D

Quote from Steve:

This has been serviced at 1000 miles and has a total of 1461 on it at that point the oil has 461 that you see full of metal. We are seeing wear that is much like what we saw on the old style in the past. Not as aggressive but I do not feel that it is solved and we are working on a kit to provide more oil to the spokes on the new 1014 and up comp

I really think the "A" is my best way to go... No problems yet and Like I said, when down to install my SE clutch spring, NO visual rust. Looked very close but was Not going to take it apart.

I do use MTL by Redline and did groove it to suck in a drop or two of oil..:60:

I also use the Full amount of 40 oz... More MAY help... I have No problems keeping it that full.

signed....BUBBIE

Back