free website stats program SE compensator | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE compensator

he probably knows as much or more about the various iterations of the SE compensator and the related issue than the gents that designed it.

I agree & think you nailed it. I have been trying to find out if the CompenSaver will fit a MID control Dyna. To me it looks like the shifter shaft will hit directly into the oil tray. No one I ask seems to know for sure. I was told to try it & send it back if it does not fit. But I really hate taking things apart only to send stuff back. Who knows, maybe Richard might know.

Awesome. Thank you Richard. Your invention is nothing short of a work of art. I once had a finished idea (no where near as complex as yours) stolen from me and to this day I can't let it go and forget it. Capitalism in the U.S. on the micro level is now almost non existent.

Thanks again for the info. I will give it a try once I find a new "old" SE compensator kit..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those wondering, Mechanic was banned for repeat violations of advertising or promoting products without forum sponsorship. As everyone knows, we have manufactures that are forum sponsors. It would not be fair to them if we allowed a non-sponsor to promote their products. He was asked after the first incident to not give any indication he was a product manufacture or supplier. He did not comply with the request.

For those wondering, Mechanic was banned for repeat violations of advertising or promoting products without forum sponsorship. As everyone knows, we have manufactures that are forum sponsors. It would not be fair to them if we allowed a non-sponsor to promote their products. He was asked after the first incident to not give any indication he was a product manufacture or supplier. He did not comply with the request.

Richard must have taken the ban seriously as he did not advertise or promote any product but did offer an intelligent explanation of the problems associated with each iteration of the SE compensator. I hope he sticks around.

Richard must have taken the ban seriously as he did not advertise or promote any product but did offer an intelligent explanation of the problems associated with each iteration of the SE compensator. I hope he sticks around.

Don't think you'll see him around anymore, it appears he couldn't or wouldn't follow the rules set fourth. Banned means he's gone.

The ban occurred after he was warned several times about the rule he was violating. You don't see it because his posts were edited.

Don't think you'll see him around anymore, it appears he couldn't or wouldn't follow the rules set fourth. Banned means he's gone.

You are correct. However, he is welcome to become a legitimate, paying sponsor on this forum and he'll have his own subsection to promote his product and answer questions.

After mine failed on my 2010 Ultra Limited, I just had it replaced under the extended service plan with the new SE Compensator. It came with the kit to glue the oil deflectors in place, rather than replace the whole primary to the 2014. I raised some concern and the owner of the dealer said that it was surprisingly strong. I guess I'll find out and see if it fails down the road.

Back