free website stats program SE compensator problems | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE compensator problems

The way I look at it grinding the 3 grooves on the inner face of the sprocket will be a big improvement to getting oil into the bore.

I agree 100%. The suggestion of putting the 3 grooves in-line with the spoke arms was a smart move. That allows the oil from the arm to drip down into the hole when you shut the bike down.

I agree 100%. The suggestion of putting the 3 grooves in-line with the spoke arms was a smart move. That allows the oil from the arm to drip down into the hole when you shut the bike down.
The way I see things, even if the oil only gets into the bore after you shut the bike down, at least oil will get in from time to time. The sprocket doesn't turn on the journal, it just rocks back and forth.

Geezer - can you clarify where the lube issue is. Is it on graphic (A) bearing journal, and where it mates up with the inner bore on the compensating sprocket (4)

SEComp.png

Yes that's the area. When I put mine on I put a film of grease in there but when I took it apart it was bone dry.

Cool. And where are the oil channel grooves that are being suggested to alleviate this problem, located? What component do you cut these grooves into?

I haven't done mine yet but will put the grooves in line with the spokes on the inner (engine) side of the sprocket #4. I think putting the grooves in line with the spokes won't weaken the sprocket any cause that's where the most material is.

For clarification, you're talking about cutting a groove where the red line is located on the sprocket on all 3 spoke arms..is that correct?

SEComp2.png

Back