free website stats program Riding a Brotherhood? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding a Brotherhood?

Do You Feel There Is A Brotherhood Or Like A Brotherhood Amongst Motorcycle Riders?

• Yes.

Votes: 104 83.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with Ice...as for what Smitty said, with my HD broke down...4 different Riders stopped, none were Harleys (I did see perhaps 4 or 5 HD riders go by though).

Brotherhood to me is as Ice says...the HD riders had additional agenda on their mind that they did NOT stop...which probably had more to do with not being a brother, but being newer generation of rider.

Mind my own business or he will get help shortly cause most of us HD riders are "well heeled" enough to affort the high maintenance V-Twins with the inherent unbalance that if not maintained properly would "shake itself to bits" anyway...sorry, I am just being pessimistic...at the time I just remember how I felt...! :(

Yes I had AAA, and yes I was a newbie (only riding the HD for 'bout a year), and yes I could take care of myself this time, it could have happened in the middle of nowhere late at night), but it was sure cool to see a BMW rider, Goldwing rider, and two Sportbike riders stop by anyway! :D

I even remember helping a guy with his broke down Harley and me riding my old Ford PU...tried jumping the battery, but his battery was flat and so down it dimmed by lights when he would hit the start button. Ended up helping him and his friend push it up the back of his friends pickup with just a board and fast roll up.:)

I guess it all depends on how one defines "brotherhood." I voted yes because I interpreted the word broadly to mean people sharing the common bond of riding motorcycles with all the risks and benefits that go with that. My experience with other riders has been 99% positive. Many have gone out of their way to help me and I try to do the same.

If we define "brotherhood" more narrowly as being the equivalent of being in a 1% club or an organization like the Marines, then I would have voted no.

I prefer the broader definition but understand those who prefer the narrower definition.

This says it for me.
In my part of the world and where and how I ride, I feel a good positive connection with others on bikes.
I remember during the volcanic ash disruption of flights in April, having to take my Harley on a surprise trip across to Dublin when my flight was cancelled. On the return trip, I got talking before boarding the ship with two lads from London and two Danes - all on Sportsbikes, we passed the whole ferry journey in great conversation and laughter sitting amongst other groups of families and friends. We rode part of the long road to our homes together too. I remember thinking at the time how unlikely it would be if I'd been in my car, to say to my wife when I got home "hey sweetheart, I met up with these four other guys who also were in cars and we had a great time sharing the journey together".
Maybe the whole 1%er thing is much lower profile here in England or maybe I just don't see much of it, but oretty much all I've experienced of the interactions of people on two wheels has been good and positive and yeah, in a broad use of the term - a brotherhood.

I definately feel a commonality with other riders and usually a mutual respect, but not sure if its much different than being a cubs fan among other cubs fans. I feel a brotherehood with the guys in my circle. our lives interact outside of riding too. Id take a bullet for these guys just like my blood kin. I definately watch out for and try to help other riders and have made some good friends doing so, but a brotherhood i dont know. depends one how loose you define it.

Brotherhood...not brothers. Big difference IMO. I consider MC riders with a common interest a brotherhood. Some are like any other people, complete jerks while others you could depend on no matter what. I do know that while I was stranded a few years back, thousands of cages rode by while every scooter stopped. A crotch Rocket even offered to pull me with a tow rope he had. I like my chances in times of need with a fellow biker much more than I do with the general public. So yes, I consider MC riders a brotherhood. Does not mean I consider every biker my brother.

Where else can you walk up to a perfect stranger, begin a conversation, have something incredible in common and become instant friends? Nowhere except the world of Harley Davidson!

Where else can you walk up to a perfect stranger, begin a conversation, have something incredible in common and become instant friends? Nowhere except the world of Harley Davidson!

You must not own a dog - same thing happens almost every time I take my pooch for a walk!

I haven't seen many car drivers stopping to help others. In fact, I don't do it. But I have seen many bikers stopping to offer help, even if they don't have any idea of mechanics. In fact, I do it.
WAP.gif

I haven't seen many car drivers stopping to help others. In fact, I don't do it. But I have seen many bikers stopping to offer help, even if they don't have any idea of mechanics. In fact, I do it.
WAP.gif

How about Here, Brotherhood and Sisterhood?:s

Back