free website stats program Riding a Brotherhood? | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding a Brotherhood?

Do You Feel There Is A Brotherhood Or Like A Brotherhood Amongst Motorcycle Riders?

• Yes.

Votes: 104 83.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you pass a broken down bike and offer no help? Have you gone to help a rider, like a poker run for a down rider or picked a rider up who needs help? Would you drop everything to help a rider, like a buddy who needs a trailer or a lift to the shop?
If you answered no to the first question and yes to the next two you belong to the brotherhood of bikers. As a group bikers don't care what you ride and they don't care how much you paid for your ride, the only thing that matters is that you ride.

Would you pass a broken down bike and offer no help? Have you gone to help a rider, like a poker run for a down rider or picked a rider up who needs help? Would you drop everything to help a rider, like a buddy who needs a trailer or a lift to the shop?
If you answered no to the first question and yes to the next two you belong to the brotherhood of bikers. As a group bikers don't care what you ride and they don't care how much you paid for your ride, the only thing that matters is that you ride.

Well said Don:s

I'm going to have to agree with Smitty. There's a lot of things about "Brotherhood" that a lot of people don't understand. Would I be more likely to help a down motorcyclist than a cager? You bet. That doesn't mean I'm their brother. It just means I'm a fellow rider who knows what it's like to be down on the side of the road. So, although we do share a common bond, we are not necessarily brothers.

I would stop and have stopped and help more than a few broke down on the side of the road. To my surprise this year it happened to be a member of a so called 1%er club. It would be clear to anyone that knows me that the only thing I share in common with that person is we breath air.
Doing so has nothing to with a brotherhood it is more of doing what is right. I have raised children and have Grandchildren now It was and is very important they know what part of riding I belong to and what parts I do not.
It is for those reasons I could not say that I share in a so called brotherhood that embraces all riders.

I have to agree with Smitty Also

Especially with Harley owners. Many times on the bike or in the car if someone is on the side of the road I will go out of my way to make sure they are OK. The interesting thing is my previous bike which was a metric broke down twice out on the road and the only bikes that stopped to see if they could help were Harley riders. So there is probably more of a brotherhood with the Harley folks than any other brand.

Especially with Harley owners. Many times on the bike or in the car if someone is on the side of the road I will go out of my way to make sure they are OK. The interesting thing is my previous bike which was a metric broke down twice out on the road and the only bikes that stopped to see if they could help were Harley riders. So there is probably more of a brotherhood with the Harley folks than any other brand.
Now look what you are riding. :D

Back