free website stats program Random Thoughts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Random Thoughts

It is a carry over from middle English copweb being a middle English word for spiders web there would have been many dialect variations of the language but some words would be used in many of them
Looking further the Dutch word for spider is spinnekop with the end part of the word kop being the spider and the spinne being spinning
The German word for spider is spinne
With English German and Dutch all being derivatives of the same base languages looks like kop or cop for spider is a word that would possibly have been used BC so has been in use for a long time
Germanic languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brian

Thanks Brian! Clears that nagging question right up.

I've been giving it a lot of thought lately, and I don't think this being an adult is going to work for me.

If you were to sit down with a dictionary, and carefully and precisely arrange many of the words found in there, your finished product could be the greatest novel, screen play, or song ever written. Perhaps even a cure for cancer. The answer to every question known to man, or solution to every problem can be found in the dictionary, if one would just take the time to sort it all out. It's just a matter of figuring out the pieces to the puzzle, and spending the time to do it.

Is that random enough??? :s

If you were to sit down with a dictionary, and carefully and precisely arrange many of the words found in there, your finished product could be the greatest novel, screen play, or song ever written. Perhaps even a cure for cancer. The answer to every question known to man, or solution to every problem can be found in the dictionary, if one would just take the time to sort it all out. It's just a matter of figuring out the pieces to the puzzle, and spending the time to do it.

Is that random enough??? :s
If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he get the words?
WAP.gif

When you were 37, my 4 kids were grown and on there own. They all have children of their own. That means I am a Grandpa! My future plans do not include acting my age. I intend to keep riding, hiking, hunting, and bothering my grandkids and great grandkids until my wheelchair is stuck in the mud.

Index - Action TrackChair
That is one awesome wheelchair, I want one now, lol...

It is a carry over from middle English copweb being a middle English word for spiders web there would have been many dialect variations of the language but some words would be used in many of them
Looking further the Dutch word for spider is spinnekop with the end part of the word kop being the spider and the spinne being spinning
The German word for spider is spinne
With English German and Dutch all being derivatives of the same base languages looks like kop or cop for spider is a word that would possibly have been used BC so has been in use for a long time
Germanic languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brian
Good lord, we have a scholar in the house! lol That's some good info I never would have guessed...

Juuuuuuuuuust a little spray of the fountain
Lol
WAP.gif
lol, just a lil spray, a mist even, sounds about right....

I've been giving it a lot of thought lately, and I don't think this being an adult is going to work for me.
My sentiments exactly....

Analogous to the egg and chicken?:D
I saw a picture on facebook the other day....Asked which came first, the chicken or the egg, lets just say the egg was laying in bed smoking a cigarette....

Back