free website stats program Question: whats your favoite Motorcycle related song? | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question: whats your favoite Motorcycle related song?

1+ Steppenwolf "Born To Be Wild" is a classic albeit their "one hit wonder".

Iron Butterfly's Inagaddadivida is pretty cool and drum solo Ginger Baker's Toad reminds me of the lope staccatto of a Harley, if anybody remembers Cream...

Magic Carpet Ride

I did'nt read all of the post. Arlow guthrie does a song called the mystery of the pickle. I think that is the name. Any way that one and B.O.C. Godzilla. Two of my fav's.

Woohoo, what a question, surprised not to see - wait for it - Golden Earing's 'Radar Love', surely the winner for the long road!

If you're not into their brand of rock and roll, then Eagles' 'Hotel California' the live vesion, is a must, together with 'Takin' it Easy', also by the Eagles.

If the road is gonna be long then another person to listen to is Vangelis, anything from him, but ' Conquest of Paradise' must come close to instrumental perfection!

On a lighter note, Arlo Guthrie's ' Motorsickle Song' -" I don't wanna pickle, wanna ride on my motorsickle" must rate..?

'Keep the wheels rollin''

I've been pondering over this for a while now and I think I've got the perfect song for rideing. Rockin' Down The Highway by The Doobie Bro. :rider

Dave I couldn't agree more. The Doobies are one of my all time favorites. There are a few more from them that work real well jamming down the road: Long Train Runnin'; China Grove; and Takin' it to the Street.

I have a 101-song playlist I assembled on my iPhone I call Riding Rock. Here it is: Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf); Riders on the Storm, Light My Fire, The End (The Doors); House of the Rising Sun, We Gotta Get Out of this Place, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Sky Pilot (The Animals); Paint It Black, Satisfaction, You can't Always Get What You Want, As Tears Go By, Under My Thumb, Get Off My Clous, Sympathy for the Devil, Honky Tonk Woman (The Rolling Stones); Who'll Stop the Rain, Have You Ever Seen the Rain, Down on the Corner, Proud Mary, Susie Q (CCR); Roll on Down the Highway, Let it Ride, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, Takin' Care of Business, Hey You (Bachman Turner Overdrive); You Could Have Been a Lady, Bad Side of the Moon (April Wine); Against the Wind (Jimmy Hall); Ballad of Easy Rider, Turn Turn Turn (The Byrds); Black Betty (Ram Jam); On the Road Again (Willie Nelson); Somebody to Love (Jefferson Airplane); Stairway to Heaven (Led Zepplin); Respect, Son of a Preacher Man, Think (Aretha Franklin); Born to Run, Glory Days, Born in the USA (Bruce Springsteen); My Generation, Magic Bus, Baba O'Riley (The Who); Louie Louie (The Kingsmen); Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix); Mustang Sally, In the Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett); A Whiterv Shade of Pale, Conquistador, Whiskey Train (Procol Harum); Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion, Dude Looks Like a Lady (Aerosmith); Dust in the Wind (Kansas); Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, Another One Bites the Dust, Somebody to Love, Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen); Centrefold, Whammer Jammer (The J. Geils Band); Jack and Diane, Hurts So Good, Small Town, Pink Houses, Authority Song, My Sweet Love (John Mellencamp); American Woman, These Eyes, Laughing (The Guess Who); The Wanderer (Dion); Gentle on My Mind, Galveston (Glen Campbell); Walk on the Wild Side (Lou Reed); Magic Carpet Ride (Steppenwolf); Sweet Home Alabama, Tuesday's Gone (Lynyrd Skynyrd); Jump, Right Now (Van Halen); Paradise By the Dashboard Light, You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Meat Loaf); Mama Said (The Shirelles); Take on Me (A-Ha); Should I Stay or Should I Go, London Calling, Rock the Casbah, train in Vain (The Clash); Piece of My Heart, try Just a Little Harder, Mercedes Benz (Janis Joplin); Wild Thing, Love id All Around (The Troggs); Ring of Fire (Social Distortion); I Walk the Line (Awake); War (Edwin Starr); The Weight (The Band); If 6 Was 9 (Jimi Hendrix); Radar Love (Golden Earring).

Back