Votes: 47 4.0%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 22 1.9%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 98 8.3%

• Total voters
Formula + works great
WAP.gif

I use Formula +. Im interested to note all the use of fully synthetic oils, all the Harley buffs I know in the UK say never use fully synthetic oils in any part of a Harley(something to do with excessive frothing) its a dino bike that needs dino oil, in fact I have just fitted a BDL clutch in my Dyna and that came with a note stating I must never use fully synthetic oils.
Is this purely a difference between what people 'believe' to be best or is there something written in stone that sates the use of fully synthetic is either good or bad in a Harley ? Do people believe fully synthetic must be better as it costs more ?
I used fully synthetic in a Hayabusa(excuse the foul language)in a former life and it was better than dino oil but can anyone show me that it would also be better in a Harley.

Please keep all conversations and questions on oils to the oil forum instead of posting them in the POLL threads.

The POLL threads are for gathering information on the products and not for discussions about the products themselves .

The OIL forum is for the questions and answers.

The synthetic oil can cause slippage in wet clutch applications as the miles increase. That's why a dino oil is a better choice in the primary.

At 700 miles, changed all my fluids over to redline synthetic. I now have 1700 miles on her, and have noticed slippage when changing gears while pouring the coals to her. Going to switch to Formula + even though the riding season is basically over. Other than that, the Redline has quieted the transmission and engine noise considerably.

Back