free website stats program Post Count and Permissions | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Count and Permissions

Chad, at the risk of sounding high handed I would like to remind you that this is HDTimeline not some other forum. There are a lot of us here that have tried other forums and found this to be a format that we enjoy. We have all bought into the obligations that are required of us as members. We may on occasion try to bend the rules but for the most part we have accepted the way this is run and look forward to coming here knowing that there are rules that must be followed if we wish to remain here. I look forward to your input as I look forward to all our members who have something to contribute. Here is where I may get into some trouble--We don't care how they do it on other forums!

I understand what you are saying. But I'm not going to ruin every post at other forums for the privilege of posting pics here and I don't want to be restricted to 1 forum. Why not enjoy all there is .The HD community is very large,and diverse. Big enough for allot of forums

hey Chad - nice looking rocket you have there - with the mods you mentioned do you require a seat belt to hold you on :D

Nice looking ride. I'm really impressed with the engine mods. Any pix of the tear down and build up?

I Didn't take a lot of pics.I did everything but the boring decking and valve job myself.I was told the 110 heads were to big so i started by porting those lol then i made some pistons that were not suppose to work - work and then did what bob woods recommended as far as valve train adjustment and pieces. It turned out pretty good .At least I'm happy with it
crank_006-1.jpg

here is what I left out 14 lbs of whirling rubbish
6d7cb5f3-1.jpg

smooth as silk. You have to have a balanced reciprocating assembly. Thats what the higher priced stroker cranks from screamin eagle are. It shakes at idle but the moment you touch the throttle its smooth and it revs alot faster. When riding all out you can feel the motor more than before but not like most people think just a strong thumping. Under normal riding conditions its as smooth or smoother than stock

Chad when you take something apart "You Take Something Apart"!!! Sounds like you have a great running bike and the fininshed product shows a lot of attention to detail. What line of work are you in and how many other bikes have you modified? Again I'm glad you stuck it out and I look forward to your future post.

Back