free website stats program posers/bikers fine line | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

posers/bikers fine line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out the other day for about a 70 mile ride wearing cargo shorts, a T-shirt(HD) and sneakers with no socks..Call that what you want, but I was riding :D

I started riding when I was 9 on dirt bikes, had a few street/dirt but gave them up at around 17; 31 years later I bought a HD Sportster and fell in love with riding again. After 8,000 miles in 6 months on the Sportster I traded up to a Softail Custom and in the first year I had logged over 17,000 miles, this year will be even better. I ride with my local HOG friends and I ride alone, sometimes I get up before the sun and ride as it rises and sometimes I leave late and watch it set. I don’t wear a watch when riding and I don’t have a GPS because it doesn’t matter what time I get there, I usually don’t know where I was heading anyway. Does that make me a biker, who cares I’m having a blast and meeting some of the greatest people around.

Smitty,You are so right! We are bikers because we ride bikes,but the most important people on our lives call us "Grammy & Pop"

Attachments

• Hawaii 02-2008 129.jpg
    Hawaii 02-2008 129.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Hawaii 02-2008 132.jpg
    Hawaii 02-2008 132.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Hawaii 02-2008 136.jpg
    Hawaii 02-2008 136.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 20
i have great respect for anyone who rides a bike with todays traffic .dont we all put shiny bits on to make our bikes look the best :)

I never took my car license until I was 29 years old, rode bikes if I wanted to go anywhere. i guess I was a real biker back then.

From 29 to 42 i lived in asia, always had a bike over there, rode all over, I guess I was a real biker then.

The last six years since we moved back to England I never had a bike, but I bought my first Harley three months ago. At age 48 I think I'm more of 'a guy who rides a bike when the weather looks okay', rather than a 'biker' as such. :D

I can't see the point of being miserable and wet on a bike, when there is a nice dry car waiting, but then I don't have any rain gear yet, so time will tell.....:D

i try not to add any extra chrome and my new ride has had it all removed :D
I don't want to add any more chrome,because then I'll be expected to clean it. When I orderd my new forward controls,they asked if I want "polished or chrome" I ordered it already polished,so I don;t have to keep polishing it.LOL
Less time cleaning - more time riding.:rider

I think the fine is ...

If you worry about what other people think while you ride, you may be a poser. Just ride.

If you make a 6 hour round trip for a fried bologna sandwich, you might be a biker.
If you spend four hours parked in front of a coffee shop two miles from your house, you might be a poser.
If you would rather go for a ride on Sunday morning than go to church because the Big Guy knows where you are anyway, you might be a biker.
If you spend more on bike cleaning products than a good leather, you might be poser.
If you sign up for some ride that you donate money to help someone that needs help, you might be a biker.
If you "live to ride and ride to eat", you were most likely two bikes behind me last week heading for that fried bologna sandwich.:p

I don't know Bro...I spend an AWFUL lot of money on bike cleaning products...maybe I'm a poser! :hummer

Clean Bike ----- Takes much effort, time, and money to keep that way.

Dirty Bike----- Stays that way all by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back