free website stats program posers/bikers fine line | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

posers/bikers fine line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ride my bike most of the time......I love it......My first passion however is fishing....my second is playing bluegrass music....my third passion is heck not biking either....it's great transportation and it's fun.....I guess given that information....when I ride I must be posing.....I never really thought about it.....and probably won't ever again....Just (EDIT) ride and quit worrying about what other folks are doing (REMOVED).

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I would be a biker. I ride my bike all the time. Good weather or bad. I wear the vest also, but the vest I look at is my story of my life on my bike. Places I have been, people I run across, things that I have done, and some patches and pins are my thoughts. That is actually the only leather I wear besides if I take a very long trip, I might wear chaps. That is just to keep the road grim off the clothing, and protection. I love riding. I can't get enough riding. As I sit here I can't wait to get out for lunch and ride. Hey it is time to ride.....Later
Just got back from a five hour ride. I ride everyday to work 100 mile round trip. I also wear a leather vest(to keep my shirt down)and I wear leather boots(because I like them)I wear a skillet lid (because I hate wearing heavy helmets) Poser or biker IT DOESN"T MATTER!! I don't care if you are on a moped.........Ride, have fun and be safe

Just got back from a five hour ride. I ride everyday to work 100 mile round trip. I also wear a leather vest(to keep my shirt down)and I wear leather boots(because I like them)I wear a skillet lid (because I hate wearing heavy helmets) Poser or biker IT DOESN"T MATTER!! I don't care if you are on a moped.........Ride, have fun and be safe
Nice post. I myself think the people that call people posers are the ones that want a Harley but are too scared to drive one..

I do wear a helmet but no leather. Jeans and a T-shirt and flannel for me...I wear a helmet, because when I was a kid I took off on a dirt bike with someone else driving and no helmet. I stopped him and said turn around I forgot my helmet. I went back got the helmet and would you know, down the road he dumped the damn bike. The first thing to hit the street was my head. It was a hard hit, I don't think I would be here now if it were not for the helmet, so it is a lid for me. I do wish I could ride to work, I drive to work in the early am, 3 maybe 4 am most days, some highway and some long back roads, about a 35 minutes each way. I pass a lot of deer and have hit a few and have had a lot of near misses in the last 10 years. I really do not want to even think about T-boning a deer at 3 am in the morning on my bike.

Irish Hog:41:

Poser is an odd word. I can remember using it as a teen, when kids would want to feel like they were something they weren't -- and they dressed the part to try to fit in -- or they had to buy a type of clothes that they normally wouldn't buy and they only wore an item when it was appropriate, but at no other time. I think there are a lot of HOG riders like that, but I also think many of them are still bikers.

IMHO, a biker has a love of his bike and a love for the open road. A biker also recognizes kindred spirits, which goes beyond the bike and the road. Bikers respect that we face different risks every time we get on the bike, but we do it because we love it.

I've been hit by one car -- trashed my bike and trashed me pretty good, too. I've been run out of my lane by cars that weren't paying attention. I've also lost a good friend who was killed in a bike accident. I think those experiences as much make us bikers as the others.

I reckon the question isn't one that should be dwelt upon for too long but the way I see it, a biker is someone who rides bikes because they just love riding bikes, a poser does it to be seen.

Mind you......never met a biker yet that didn't appreciate being seen and admired.....guess that makes us all posers at heart and the posers...well, they ride bikes rather than drive Humvees so I guess that makes them all bikers at heart.

If you love to ride your a biker,if you bought abike only to impress and take it out once a year your a poser

If you're on 2 wheels, you're a biker. If you're on 3 wheels, you're a triker. If you're on 0 wheels, you're dead... or just don't care about the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back