free website stats program Other Interest Hobbies | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Other Interest Hobbies

I design and progam elevator components by day, and am a pastor by night, and restore vintage high-end audio gear (from the 70s) when I should be sleeping.

Can't post pics yet...still a forum noob.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I'm all over the place. ;-)

I'm a model builder. Been doing that since I was a kid. I've got a box of probably 12-15 models that I haven't built yet. Mostly cars, some military jets and motorcycles (with a smattering of sci-fi stuff thrown in. I'm in my 40's so I was in that whole "star wars" era in the 70s-80s.) None of the really off the wall car models. Just factory stuff that I like.

I also play guitar and drums. Nothing good enough where I'd stand on a stage, but if we're sitting around a campfire...thats about as far as I go.

I've been in and out of photography for about 20 years and in the last 5-6 years I've been taking alot more pictures. Now I'm getting educated in photography for the next year or so and may take that "hobby" and try my hand at making a living at it.

I'm one of those...jack of all trades - master of none kinda guys.

For me it is golf. I play about 150+ rounds a year and love every minute of it. Me and a buddy I retired with play 54 holes every monday (weather permitting). Also love to work in my garden in the summer and raise a few cows.

and restore vintage high-end audio gear (from the 70s) when I should be sleeping.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Rich, Can you recognize who made this piece and what model it is? It was made in the mid 70's and contains (8) 12AX7's. :p

Attachments

• Vacuum_Tube.jpg
    Vacuum_Tube.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 32

I enjoy working on Old classic cars especially Corvettes Wife says I have to many toys

Last edited:
Rich, Can you recognize who made this piece and what model it is? It was made in the mid 70's and contains (8) 12AX7's. :p
Tubes are not my thing. I am so obsessive, the vacuum in those things could suck me in permanently. My specialty is solid state Pioneer gear. A man's got to know his limitations :s

Enjoy,
Rich P

Hobbit, Actually it was made by a small company called Audio Research that is still in business today. It was their flagship Pre-amplifier called the SP-3A. All hand made and dominated home audio in vacuum tube technology during the '70's & '80's.

Back