free website stats program Non Drinker? Why.. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Non Drinker? Why..

Interesting replies, all.
I don't drink because I drove my drunk friends home in HS & college. I looked at their hangovers & some of the stupid things they did & decided I never wanted to look like that.
Once I was 21, I didn't mind purchasing a drink for my date, & found out a trick restaurants pull: they suggest the bar because the wait - even for reservations - will be 30-45 minutes. When I said, "we'll stand here, we don't drink," I had a table in 5 minutes.
Since I can wear a lightshade without consuming alcohol, I just never got into it.

My $.02.

I wish I could drink like "normal" people. For some reason one drink or two never cut it for me. Now when people ask me why I don't drink I say I'm allergic to alcohol- I break out in handcuffs...:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

I wish I could drink like "normal" people. For some reason one drink or two never cut it for me. Now when people ask me why I don't drink I say I'm allergic to alcohol- I break out in handcuffs...:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

:lolrolling

family is full of alcoholics - never really drank much - but if was at a party would not pay attention to how many drinks - realized one day that if I got past 3 drinks I didn`t stop . the last 25 years I have maybe drank 1 24 of beer & 2 40 oz-ers.
not worth the aggravation . with out my drivers lic I would loose everything.
when people offer I just tell them it doesn`t agree with me.

Nope, I drink but not excessively. I may get a slight buzz during New Years Eve, I am within walking distance of home. I don't drink alone and may have a couple of beers a month or a couple glasses of wine per month. I never even got intoxicated within the last year.

I never ride and drink on the same day. If I am going to have a drink, then I don't ride

I can honestly say I was on a down hill spiral, Went through a divorce, was drinking a full bottle of wine at a sitting and that was just for starters, I knew if I did not quit I was not long for this world, I got down on my knees and prayed for Gods help, by the power of God I quit that night, and have not touched the stuff since, 6 years ago. TIm

I can honestly say I was on a down hill spiral, Went through a divorce, was drinking a full bottle of wine at a sitting and that was just for starters, I knew if I did not quit I was not long for this world, I got down on my knees and prayed for Gods help, by the power of God I quit that night, and have not touched the stuff since, 6 years ago. TIm

Good for you Tim. You've got my respect. Takes a lot of willpower.

Congrats to all who have Quit, and to all who can handle it have a great new Year:s

Had my last beer some time in 2006. After I accepted Christ as my savior I really felt the conviction to give up what little bit of beer and wine I consumed. Th Lord just wanted me to be the right kind of role model and testimony to my three boys and to other Christians around me. I can happily say after dumping my alcohol and throwing out my cigars the Lord never let me look back. I praise him for removing any desire for that stuff from me.
WAP.gif

Back