free website stats program Non Drinker? Why.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Non Drinker? Why..

Quit drinking over 10 years ago. If I could drink like normal people, I would, but I can't. I'm lucky, I never hurt anyone drinking and driving and I am pretty ashamed of myself for drinking and driving too. I've fallen off the wagon twice in almost 12 years, and it wasn't pretty. Glad I'm sober now and never got in trouble because of it too.

Ryno

I really enjoy one or two biers occasionally,but at Xmas,I get a couple down my neck as soon as I get up,cause then NOBODY asks me to pick them up from here,drop them off there,and and generally spoil my xmas!
In everyday life,I NEVER EVER touch a drop if I'm driving,or likely to be!
As they say,everything in moderation,and everything has a time and place.

For some reason, I was proud of my hard drinking ways for many years. I was so very lucky that I never caused harm to others or myself. I just seemed to drift away from drinking. I still like the taste of it, and have a beer or a shot of Jameson a couple of evenings a week. The only time I have more than 1 drink is when me and the guys are holed up in a motel after a day of riding.

Some of it comes from maturity and the realization that while drinking, and the loss of valuable youth, you figure out that it just does not add up. So as we age we want to retain more of what happens in life and find that the need to drink and the pain it causes is not worth the cost.
Congratulation and continued success to those who are clean and sober.:small3d018::small3d018:

I like a drink, both whisky and beer. I rarely go out and drink to excess. Normally I have a couple of drinks at home. I love a glass of port with cheese and biscuits. I never drink and drive. I got caught in Jul 85, and don't have any drink if I am driving.

Its a personal choice like the helmet argument.

For those who abstain, I respect your views; for those who don't, cheers :newsmile100:

Cant really remember last time had even a beer,used to drink once in a while but when I did It was at home or camping when I was not going to go any where.My vice that I quit was cigarettes.

I never have had an alcoholic drink and I don't ever plan to, although there are days when I ask myself why I don't! :s I certainly don't begruge anyone else from drinking, but it has just never interested me. I can have a blast just watching those who do! The bikes, the babes, and the music are all I need.

I love beer. Not just any beer but good beers. In OKC there are a lot of brew pubs that make very good beer and bars that feature selections of hundreds of beers. I like to try lots of various beers. I don't drink a lot just a lot of different beers.

Dad got in an an accident drunk driving the year before I got my driver's license so I always follow the department of motor vehicle guidelines when I drink on the road. Only one drink an hour, possibly two if you are eating a meal. I'm proud to say that my Father gave up drinking and has never had another accident. Ride safe and Happy New Year!

Back