free website stats program New Rider at 49 - Advice? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Rider at 49 - Advice?

First I wanted to thank everyone for their input and advice. It is really helpful. I am leaning towards staying patient and renting a few models over the Summer unless I find an unbelievable deal.

I also wanted to tell the group that I have been reading your input each day but learned that I cannot reply using an iPad for some reason. I did not want you to think I was ignoring all your great advice. Thank you!!

"I cannot reply using an iPad for some reason"

Try "Terra" a free app at the iTunes store. Terra is a 3rd party web browser that can identify as Safari, Internet Explorer 6, or Firefox 3.6. The problem is caused by Safari Mobile that the iPad uses by default. I discovered this from the tech tips forum here.

Sounds like some good deals there Montana. Patience is definitely a virtue but one I run short on at times. The trick is knowing when to pull the trigger. I believe you did just fine. Enjoy.
Ishmael

PS Jreal, your turn will come!

Lots of good advice and info here. Whoever said "there's no right answer" was right. Everyone's situation is different. As for me, at 50 years of age learning to ride, I wanted to go on and get the bike that I would be riding for years to come. Money wasn't really an issue. When someone mentioned that the Softail Deluxe carries the engine weight lower, making it easier to balance, that made a huge impact on my decision. Previously, I was leaning toward the 883 because it was smaller. Then, I realized that I could get more bike (windshield, bags, etc.) for not much more if I went with a Heritage. So, less than 2 years later, I have 12,500 miles on my '09 Heritage and wouldn't trade it for the world...... Now, like Montana Cowboy says, if you just take your time, you can find a good deal by shopping around. I have a coworker whose husband bought his first (used) Harley off of ebay and has been totally satisfied. I am thinking now of looking for a second bike and this one would most likely be "used." Just wish I could get some of those Montana deals. We did find a Fatboy at Javalena HD in while in Boerne, TX that was an AWESOME deal, but I couldn't get my husband to make an offer. By the time he called them back 4 days later, that bike was gone.......Best wishes, good luck, and welcome to the Harley family.

Back