free website stats program Navigation Units | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Navigation Units

I have a Garmin Zumo bought at Costco, cheaper than the one from Harley but basically the same unit. I have it mounted in the Harley fairing mount and it looks great, loosen one security screw and it comes right out. It snaps in the suction mount and it's ready to go in the cage. I like it, but that's me.

I use a Garmin bar mount, unless the wife is with me. She likes to hold it and tells me where to go. :p

I had a Garmin 550 for UC. Pulled the front fairing off ( following the directions on this sight) and wired it in myself. I like to just ride the country roads, it's nice to hit home at the end of the day and know I can get home. I also carry map just in case.

As already mentioned, GPS is invaluable for locating hotels, banks, gas stations (and of course starbucks :D) etc.

I found it really took a lot of stress out of the equation when on holidays and travelling with the wife.

Especially when trying to find a hotel at the end of the day in un-familiar territory and both of you are tired from a long ride...

I pay for all these features on my iphone why not use them. It works just as well as any Garmin or Tom Tom, and it is multi-functional. Otherwise I just point the bike and go, where ever I end up is the place to be.

I have a garmin zumo 660 it is waterproof & does a lot more than navigate. It is mounted on the bars with the kit that came with the unit and hardwired to the battery.

HD's Zumo 660 has some nice features and some that I will probably not use. The dealer installed it with the interface so that it will override the radio/CD when giving directions. Press one button and take it with you or move it to your car (car mount was included)

Attachments

• GPS.JPG
    GPS.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 69
  • GPS Mount.JPG
    GPS Mount.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 65
Garmin 750 here, plug it in through the AUX jack & use it as an MP3 player too; I have hours of music at my fingertips. If I need to use it for directions when listening to the MP3's, it will give voice directions over the speakers as well. My only complaint is that the SD cards are harder to keep track of than CD's, but they take up much less space. I will get some pictures of my mount & post them, it's a very clean mount when everything is removed too.

Garmin 750 here, plug it in through the AUX jack & use it as an MP3 player too; I have hours of music at my fingertips. If I need to use it for directions when listening to the MP3's, it will give voice directions over the speakers as well. My only complaint is that the SD cards are harder to keep track of than CD's, but they take up much less space. I will get some pictures of my mount & post them, it's a very clean mount when everything is removed too.

Hi Nitro,
Did u do it all through dealer or yourself. Units at dealer are black and sexier with the little HD in orange
On the front of the units. Also, having voice come through speakers is genius. Please post some pics when you can.. In next
30 days I will make my move on this.
WAP.gif

Back