free website stats program Motorcycle Bell? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Bell?

I wouldn't put one on mine, my buddy buys salvage bikes (wrecked) and they always have a bell on them, they have luck but is it good or bad:52:

I wouldn't put one on mine, my buddy buys salvage bikes (wrecked) and they always have a bell on them, they have luck but is it good or bad:52:

They serve as a reminder to be safe. It can't hurt. One thing they can't do is fix stupid. Of course with all the thousands of MC with Bells there are going to be some involved in accidents. If you drive unsafe or under the influence nothing will help you. But a bell that reminds you to be safe along with the fact that someone who cared about you enough to give you one should serve as a reminder to be a little more aware of your surroundings as well as your driving practices. They surely don't cause bad luck, quite then opposite, they keep reminding you everytime you hear it ring. Ride safe with or withpout your bell. For me, I will always have it.

Gotta be a chick thing..

For some owning a HD is a chick thing as well........ try as they might, they still are who they are. A HD doesn't help them even though they think it did. These people are obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter (loved one) gave me a bell. She picked a crown style for the road "KING" classic. I don't know if I buy in to the legend part but I treasure it because it came from her and I will always ride with it.

We that ride on two wheels need all the help we can get from the cages and cell phones, GPS systems, and idiots that just don't pay attention because they are in a cage. I went to a bike blessing this year, and I'll tell ya, I feel great about it. I also have a bell. Given to me by my wife. As written, the bell won't fix stupid, but it gives you a sence of good feeling that if there are road gremlins, I'm cool. Now watch out for the tar snakes :)

Put Bells around the necks of lousy drivers... maybe the gremlins will leap to the cellphone stuck on the sides of there heads.

Also don't ride near a Prius, self righteous road hogs are the worst drivers here in California.

My son works at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade assembling floats. He has worked on the Polar Express float for a number of years and picked up a bell that he found from that float for my bike. (It helps if you know the story of the Polar Express) What could be better MOJO I thought. So I put it on my bike. First day out the bell got totally smashed by the lip at the garage door, chipping paint off the bike. I figure, when you mess with gremlins you gotta be prepared for them messing back, so I just leave them alone now.

my wife wants to get me one but we haven't seen one we like yet, any good source of a large selection?
Also, what do you attatch it to?

The bell, like most of the biker gear, is just more of the "costume" todays motorcycle riders indulge in. I have owned Harleys for 42 years and never seen such (EDIT) in my life. Makes me sick. I started riding to hear the motor, guess thats out now and fringe is in.

my 2cents

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back