free website stats program Motorcycle Bell? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Bell?

I think that cuold be part of the troubles I am having with my bike .It had one on it when i bought it and not given to me.

The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Be sure and hang the bell from the lowest point on the bike. I made the mistake of mounting my first one from the lower triple tree which allowed the road gremlins access and the bell became the problem ( long story- small dent!). New one rides below the Regulator.
Did I really just say all that? :small3d031:

Have a bell on both my bikes. Both given to me by my kids/wife.

I also get my bike blessed every year. I don't know that its out of any superstitions that I have. More about being on a bike with everything around, I'll take all the help I can get.

Bells are good, faith is good and good fortune...is always welcome! Can't hurt and no gremlins so far...legend has it that the bell is usually GIVEN to you by a friend and tradition says it should be mounted low on the bike...one of the personal items that stay with the bike or a gift to migrate to your new bike...

If you have any friends that ride and do not have a bell, get them one! And while your at it, become a contributor to this site that offers you endless advice and support! LOL!

Mine had one too but I left it on in memorial to the previous owner. Still think I will have my wife or daughter buy one for me sometime.

Does it ruin the effect if you ask for one to be bought for you? Never heard anything about that myself.

Does it ruin the effect if you ask for one to be bought for you? Never heard anything about that myself.

Just tell them you wish someone would buy you one. As long as it is sincere, you will have the full effect.

I had one on my 90 FLHS when I got run over by a car backing out of a driveway after dark ( put me out of comission for a year) and I have one on my 08 that I have been in two accidents with ( the last one I am still hurting from and reason why I don't drive my bike much anymore) but I guess it works cause I am still alive. :bigsmiley22:

Back