free website stats program Love Bugs | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Love Bugs

Re: They're BACK

Now that is one thing that I don't miss from Florida.

:lolrolling I hear ya Russell. I guess that means you and the girlfriend won't be coming down on the bike to visit the parents in the next few weeks :D

How's the weather up there in Spartanburg, any cooler yet ?

I'm considering retiring to FL so this is good information for me. I know to look out for them and stock up on dryer sheets if and when I get there.

For all you new riders here in the deep south I saw them swarming yesterday!! Do no let them sit on painted areas too long, it will damage your paint. Seems like the best times to ride is when these little devils come out, now that just ain't right!!!

:lolrolling I hear ya Russell. I guess that means you and the girlfriend won't be coming down on the bike to visit the parents in the next few weeks :D

How's the weather up there in Spartanburg, any cooler yet ?

It's getting a little cooler. 59 deg yesterday morning and this morning. Felt good riding in to work. I can finally sleep with the windows open at night.

I gess its something like our june bugs.....
No, a June bug is a lot like a Japanese beetle in shape and size. Love bugs are kind of like... a bige juicy mosquito; here is what they look like.
Lovebugsdiagram.gif

images

It's getting a little cooler. 59 deg yesterday morning and this morning. Felt good riding in to work. I can finally sleep with the windows open at night.
Yeah, The mornings are in the high 50's here (South side of Atlanta) for the last week. I'll be riding down to Sebring Florida on the 23rd. I hope it won't be too bad then.

No, a June bug is a lot like a Japanese beetle in shape and size. Love bugs are kind of like... a bige juicy mosquito; here is what they look like.
Lovebugsdiagram.gif

images

And the only natural enemies they have are automobile and motorcycle frontends and windshields.:newsmile058:

Yeah, The mornings are in the high 50's here (South side of Atlanta) for the last week. I'll be riding down to Sebring Florida on the 23rd. I hope it won't be too bad then.

They got some kind of event going on down there the 16th thru the 18th. Not the 12 hr race (that's in the spring) it's some kind of other event.

If you get into love bugs close all the vents on your helmets or you will have a stinking mess. Best way to clean the bike is spray it down with the hose first to wet them and soften up the dried ones. The take a can so multi-surface Pledge and spray each area and wipe with a bounce dryer cloth.

The worst part is they get all into every conceivable crevice on your bike. They will even get into your cables. They usually are starting to leave by October.

I dont see Any love coming from them bugs....That seams kinda.........discusting..We have our bugs to , at dusk thay can make a mess of your bike but it sounds like a full face helmet and shield is a must for you Florida guys.......But you can ride in the winter..:)

Back