free website stats program Love Bugs | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Love Bugs

That's a sealant right ? Do you buy that locally or do you have to order online ? I've never seen sealants for sale where I look, just wax and polish.

We had a local detailer outfit put it on my wife's trailblazer and it does do a great job.

I buy it online. One bottle lasts a long time.

They haven't started here yet but I have the dryer sheets and water waiting just in case.:D

Joe, I've heard of the dryer sheet remedy for years..never believed it. Well, today after church I decided to try it. Now my wife uses the el cheapo Wal Mart version so I wasn't too confident. Well, the new Mustang's bumper was covered in them so, with hose in one hand and dryer sheet in the other, I sprayed down the bumper and began scrubbing. I was completely surprised at how easy it removed the love bug guts, no scrubbing required at all. I was amazed. Finished the whole front end of the Mustang with just one sheet, it took about ten minutes. The job would have been a solid hour without the dryer sheet. I did have to wash the car afterward as the dryer sheet left a film. The car looked great. I'm a believer!!

On my trip back from S FL for Mother's Day, I hit so many love bugs. What a pain! Even with lowers and a taller shield, they were coming in everywhere. I was running 80mph trying to get through the mess but it lasted the entire trip. By the time I got home, it was the worst I've ever seen.

I put a wet towel on the front end parts that was covers and let it sit. Eventually, the moisture loosed things up, prob with the help of Rejex, and got most of them off. I'm going to do a full wash today after work (prob try the dryer sheet too)

Oh well, I hope they are gone in a few weeks...

Ride safe and have fun!

They're BACK

Well they're back for the September visit. Been round my house for bout a week now and starting to get thicker. Haven't got my bike back together all the way yet and from the site of the bugs ain't in no hurry.

Hope they are totally gone by October.

Re: They're BACK

Well they're back for the September visit. Been round my house for bout a week now and starting to get thicker. Haven't got my bike back together all the way yet and from the site of the bugs ain't in no hurry.

Hope they are totally gone by October.

Now that is one thing that I don't miss from Florida.

Back