free website stats program Love Bugs | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Love Bugs

Yup- love bugs are the price we pay here in the Deep South for being able to ride year-round. I've seen a few of them here in Louisiana the past couple of days. I did notice that they are worse some years than others- the earlier informational post mentioned that they are more numerous when the weather has been wet. I am hoping that, since it has been extremely dry here since early spring, the love bugs may not be so bad this fall.

A man can dream...:D

Here's what a front bumper can look like. Imagine this on a windshield.

lovebugs.jpg

I've seen much worse than this next pic but this will give you an idea of what riding with Love Bugs can do. Just imagine riding thru 45 mins of this and then have to stand in the hot baking sun in a PGR flag line smelling the stench of the rotting bugs on your vest. :lolrolling

Attachments

• LoveBugs1.jpg
    LoveBugs1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 30
I've seen much worse than this next pic but this will give you an idea of what riding with Love Bugs can do. Just imagine riding thru 45 mins of this and then have to stand in the hot baking sun in a PGR flag line smelling the stench of the rotting bugs on your vest. :lolrolling

For all of you that do not live in the south and have not had the pleasure of these little creatures count yourself lucky. If I tried to explain the stench that comes from their decomposing carcases I would be banned from this forum. A smell most foul!!!:newsmile042:

Carry a few dryer sheets with you. When you get to where you can get some water use the sheets and water and the bugs will dissolve right off. Ya have to rinse well!!

The Love Bugs are out in force here in Florida. Road last weekend Friday,Saturday and Sunday and had to wash the bike down all three days. They get into every place manageable. They are corrosive and if you do not remove them quickly they will pit your paint. Not to mention they really stink and taste horrible. Thank goodness for Pledge.
WAP.gif

I took the bike to Sebring Fla. Thursday and started getting the LB,s in Gainesville. When I got on the Fla. Turnpike it rained so hard and so long that most of the bugs were washed off. I was soaked to the bone eve though I had rain gear on.
WAP.gif

Back