free website stats program Looking at m,y 95 build. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at m,y 95 build.

Now I am really confused. You are showing photos of two completely different heads. The large photo appears to be a set of MVA , 110"+ heads or CVO ACR head; 98cc or 95cc chambers in OEM configuration. The heads in the attachment or TC bathtub heads, 85cc-86cc chambers in OEM configuration. Which heads are you installing?

I don't understand the "changed geometry" comment. The intake stud geometry has to stay the same otherwise any intake manifold or throttle body designed to fit to any HD cylinder head.
The top ones are the JPricicion stage 2b heads to witch I am using, the second ones are the JPrecision stage 2 heads that haven't had the raised intake port . I was putting them up to compare the stud geometry .I talked to Julian at JPrecision yesterday and he said with how they placed the stud holes and the decking . the heads should bolt right up np.
Sorry for the confusion.
F.K.

The top ones are the JPricicion stage 2b heads to witch I am using, the second ones are the JPrecision stage 2 heads that haven't had the raised intake port .F.K.

As I pointed out in my previous post, the heads you plan to use are MVA, 110" or CVO ACR heads, all of which have either a 95cc or 98cc chamber volume and huge intake/exhaust valves; way too much head for a 95" motor. Unless the heads have been severely decked to the point where the intake manifold will not align with the intake ports, or the pistons have the correct dome of the size required which I don't believe exist, or some combination of decking and domed piston, you won't have to worry about detonation with the 37s because CCP will be about where it was in stock configuration as an 88"er,

I don't know what data you have been using in the BB calculator but those heads and your compression calculations don't add up. :confused:Help me understand what you are doing.;)

As I pointed out in my previous post, the heads you plan to use are MVA, 110" or CVO ACR heads, all of which have either a 95cc or 98cc chamber volume and huge intake/exhaust valves; way too much head for a 95" motor. Unless the heads have been severely decked to the point where the intake manifold will not align with the intake ports, or the pistons have the correct dome of the size required which I don't believe exist, or some combination of decking and domed piston, you won't have to worry about detonation with the 37s because CCP will be about where it was in stock configuration as an 88"er,

I don't know what data you have been using in the BB calculator but those heads and your compression calculations don't add up. :confused:Help me understand what you are doing.;)
Those are like the the 99 heads i have sent in reworked decked so that I have 10.25:1 comp They fitted wiseco flat tops . 1.9 intake 1.585 exhaust they have raised the intake port 3/8 of an inch and milled and reworked the intake port and geometry of the studs so that the intake fits with the decking and the diffrent positioning of the intake manifold attachment . I told my Indi who sent them out that I was using the 37 to begin with because thats all I had and that I was going to a 57 and I like the power curve and position on the rpms for these cams next year. They reconfigure the and condition the bowl in the head as well . I would think the cc of those heads are some were under 85 cc so that I will have 10.25:1 static comp .
F.K.

Both of those heads are from the JPrecision web sight . Both are OEM heads the top one is just worked more .I figure the cc for the 2b heads to be around 75.5cc to get the compression that JPrecision says they are.
F.K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just going by the photos; hope you know what you are buying. The MVA, 110+ or CVO ACR heads, as shown in the top photo in your previous post are not suitable for a 95" build; too much work as it a completely different head than the head attached in the bottom photo. The TC88/96 heads with "bathtub" chambers are what you should be running, raised intake port or not.

Just going by the photos; hope you know what you are buying. The MVA, 110+ or CVO ACR heads, as shown in the top photo in your previous post are not suitable for a 95" build; too much work as it a completely different head than the head attached in the bottom photo. The TC88/96 heads with "bathtub" chambers are what you should be running, raised intake port or not.
I'm confused now lol . I sent in my heads oem to get done they work on those heads and the ones you mentioned .Maybe they just used those heads to show the raised intake port and the way they moved the geometry of the intake stud holes .??? I don't know . They set the heads I sent in which were 06 casting and raised the intake port and opened the intake to 1.70, 1.9 intake valve, 1.585 exhaust all AV&V. Decked for 10.25:1 comp with flat top pistons and manual comp releases . the guy that owns JPrecision owns AV&V In Quebec.That is what I have been told how they were setting up my heads. My Indi has used them for 20 years now .
Thanks LOL now you have me thinking . I have talked to Julian at JPrecision He said my heads with the 37 will hit close to 100 HP and over in tork .
I'm sure they just used that head for the pic... I hope lol

F.K.

OK, not confused now. You sent in '06 castings, so all is good; sorry I got wrapped around the axle.:confused:

It is possible to hit 100HP with 37s and good heads but I haven't seen it yet; close though mid to high 90s but I hope you hit the number. Don't worry about the heads, if setup as you describe and you get a decent tune, the motor should be snappy and fun to ride. At 9.5 corrected, the tune will be important. Let me know how it turns out.;)

OK, not confused now. You sent in '06 castings, so all is good; sorry I got wrapped around the axle.:confused:

It is possible to hit 100HP with 37s and good heads but I haven't seen it yet; close though mid to high 90s but I hope you hit the number. Don't worry about the heads, if setup as you describe and you get a decent tune, the motor should be snappy and fun to ride. At 9.5 corrected, the tune will be important. Let me know how it turns out.;)
Will do time is counting down . I have our 100 mile ride next weekend and I haven't heard if my jugs are back...
I'll let you know how it turns out for shure . I have the power vision , with the self tune 18 mm O2 sencers , will that get me though till I can get it on a Dyno?
Thanks F.K.

Will do time is counting down . I have our 100 mile ride next weekend and I haven't heard if my jugs are back...
I'll let you know how it turns out for shure . I have the power vision , with the self tune 18 mm O2 sencers , will that get me though till I can get it on a Dyno?
Thanks F.K.
The canned tune is for the se 204, I have done about 6 self tunes on this.
When I first run the bike , Heat cycles should I put it on the self tune . so that it retards the spark by I think 4* and ritchens it up to 13 Lambada or maybe the 13 is the air fuel mix?

Thanks Fisher king

Two, maybe three heat cycles for about 1 minute each allowing full cool down in between letting idle with a fan blowing on the motor just to check for leaks and listen for strange noises.

Set to auto tune and start riding but keep rpms under 4000. Find an access road or somewhere that you can run through 2-4 gear letting motor decal brake back down to about 2500, rinse and repeat for 10-12 cycles and when complete rings should be seated.

Do a compression test after the initial break in to check actual against calculated and record the number. Make adjustments to the map and continue to auto tune until all the cells are populated. When you get close to 1000 miles, get the bike on a dyno for a full and proper tune. Good luck.;)

Two, maybe three heat cycles for about 1 minute each allowing full cool down in between letting idle with a fan blowing on the motor just to check for leaks and listen for strange noises.

Set to auto tune and start riding but keep rpms under 4000. Find an access road or somewhere that you can run through 2-4 gear letting motor decal brake back down to about 2500, rinse and repeat for 10-12 cycles and when complete rings should be seated.

Do a compression test after the initial break in to check actual against calculated and record the number. Make adjustments to the map and continue to auto tune until all the cells are populated. When you get close to 1000 miles, get the bike on a dyno for a full and proper tune. Good luck.;)
Thanks Dolt !
F.K.

Hi all Just posting , what do you all think.
Im building my 95 this year.
I have got JPrecision to do the jugs and head work.
I am getting their stage 2B heads with comp releases and Static comp at 10.25:1 with a 0.030 HG,and comp releases.
The 2b has a raised 1.7 ported intake with 1.875 Intake and 1.575 I think exhaust.
I have a set of 37 cams I can put in . but I think the corrected compression at 9.5:1 will be to high for these cams . If I put in a 0.040 HG it will bring the corrected down to 9.3:1 and about 190 ccp
with the 0.030 HG it will be 9.5:1 corrected and about 194 ccp.
I was thinking next year putting in an Andews 54 or S&S 570. I think I will have to releaf the cam chest for those.
Is it worth it to go to the bigger cams to get everything out of the engine .
How will the 37s be with this configuration.? Will it ping , Will they be weak down low under 3000 RPM?

Thanks F.K.
well got my bike back together getting a compression tester for tonight, for after I seat the rings.
I have don 10 heat cycles the first 4 were 30 seconds each, the 5 was for 1 min, 6 was 1.5 min,7 was 2 min, 8 was 2.5 min , 9 was 3 min , and 10 was 3.5 min.
Then tonight after I get the heat shields back on I'll take it for ring breakin. I have used the third gear 60-30 three quarter throttle with good results.
Dolt you were saying something about a second third gear thing if I recall , but you didn't elaberate ?? I'm very interested to hear about this . maybe I'll do a seach .
Thanks F.K.

well got my bike back together getting a compression tester for tonight, for after I seat the rings.
I have don 10 heat cycles the first 4 were 30 seconds each, the 5 was for 1 min, 6 was 1.5 min,7 was 2 min, 8 was 2.5 min , 9 was 3 min , and 10 was 3.5 min.
Then tonight after I get the heat shields back on I'll take it for ring breakin. I have used the third gear 60-30 three quarter throttle with good results.
Dolt you were saying something about a second third gear thing if I recall , but you didn't elaberate ?? I'm very interested to hear about this . maybe I'll do a seach .
Thanks F.K.
the heat cycles was under recomendation from my Indi .

F.K.

Back