free website stats program Let's hear about the FXR's here | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let's hear about the FXR's here

FXR the original hot rod great bike Arlen Ness still making frames for u builders out there

Lots of times I heard people about not beeing fun to ride an Harley, but I always told them they were wrong, because mine is really fun to drive... not only is fast, but it handles really good, and you are able to catch up with much faster bikes....

I guess people should ride an FXR before saying Harleys are not fun to drive..

I am a big FXR FAN. I own a 1982 FXR, 1983, FXR, and a 1986 frame with wytec fuel injected 1993 EVO custom homebuilt. Best frame ever built for cruising. Nothing like a 80 inch Shovel in a rubber mount frame. They are the best handling with the best sounding/riding motor Harley ever built.

I have a twin cam Ultra for highway touring. It is great for that purpose. But for the joy and thrill of riding.... ride an FXR.

Hi Im Bernie from New Zealand
I bought my 1988 FXRS back in 2001 it had been sitting in a barn for around 7 years
got it home and stripped it right down to bare frame and started the rebuild and rechrome
motor was rebuilt with new Jims crank pin and balanced rebored and new edelbrock heads with an HSR42 mikuni V&H Propipe . rode it for 20000mi till the bottom end blew and then fitted an Ultima 113 El Bruto and have been riding the heck out of it all our summer got just over 5000mi since october , goes real well

I have a 2000 FXR4 with 5300 mi.Tangerine Orange all original.This is the 3rd. FXR I have owned.I had a 94,99 FXR3 and now the FXR4.This is my favorite

I just bought my 1st Harley. Wanted one forever. I'll be fifty this year and I told the wife I was going to have one before I got there. Anyway, picked up a 1992 FXRP. Love it. It has had some mods done not much though I don't think. The front forks had been changed to the wide forks. It has an S&S 96 installed. Don't much like the paint on it but it will be redone this winter. Right now I'm enjoying riding. I was kind of wanting to make it more like a Fat Bob style. Any inputs. What works don't work. You people on here seem to know the ins and outs.

Here is mine, sorry about the cruddy cell phone shots:
bike1i.jpg

bike2a.jpg

Its my first bike, had it for about three and a half years now. It was pretty much stock with a really cheap amatuer paint job on it when I bought it.

Hi All!
New Forum Member and New HD Rider here...

We just pulled my Father in Laws 84 FXRS out of the garage after 11 years...

I pulled the plugs and put her in gear to see if the engine would turn and it did!
Serviced the carb and drained the tank. A fresh set of plugs, fresh fuel and a battery and she was running.:D
I rebuilt the brake calipers because they were sticking.
Clean up took the longest and was the most work.
A set of tires and she will be roadworthy.

I was reading in another thread on this forum that there was a "rare" version if the FXRS that had chrome rocker boxes and chrome primary cover which this does. Is there another way of knowing (serial#, etc?)

Here is a finished photo... not bad for a 26 year old bike!

Attachments

• IMG_20100613_165422_web.jpg
    IMG_20100613_165422_web.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 31
Love them FXR's, I have a 1991 FXR , original one owner bike with 8400 miles on it, looks brand new....Upgrades...billet wide glide triple trees with 41mm down tubes (Softail) and a 21" 80 spoke front rim,bullet 4.5 chrome headlight, 11" rear shocks and soon 16" rear fat boy rear solid chrome rim...:D

Back