free website stats program Let's hear about the FXR's here | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let's hear about the FXR's here

My fxrs was pulled out of a barn about this time last year. It is a 1987 fxrs lowrider, it has 14,000 original miles on it. I was amazed how little it took to revive it. It took a new air filter, a carb rebuild, new plugs, wires, and a little work to the tank. I had it running (after a 10 year stay in that barn) in less than a week. Now I'm starting to work to get the 10 years of barn crud off from it. That seems to be more of a problem than the fixing of the mechanical problems. But we're just calling it a work in progress, I guess it doesn't have to be all done at one time. It seems to be finally starting to clean up.

I got my 88 FXRS from a barn as well (8 years)when i got the motor rebuilt the crank pin was badly pitted from moisture and wasn't going to last too much longer just something to be aware of

Last edited:
OK Finally put her on the road... a little over 100 miles so far waking her up slowly from her long nap.
Def needs fork oil changed and rear shocks probably front springs too the originals seem sacked out from sitting.

New member I got a 1994 FXLR . Love this bike will post pictures soon . Love the way this bike handles and the evo has plenty power for me !

New guy here with a 1987 FXR Low Rider

bought it May 2009 from the original owner and it only had 2900 miles on it.

Crane Cam,Coil and HI-4 Ignition Module,Python Pipes,S & S Super E Carb

I've had a few maintenance issues,it had the original air filter in it that crumbled when I checked to see if it was dirty :D, carb was varnished up bad but nothing that I couldn't handle with the help from the internet and friends.

I've now got 8500 miles on it and it's a joy to ride.

I installed these bags and I got them to far forward but that's sense been corrected.

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 36
Nice ride ! and welcome. Nothing better than an FXLR ! I run off and leave all my buddys in the twistys on mine !

Hello all,

I am new here and I figured I would post here first.

What I have is a 1985 FXRT that I am slowly fixing up you can take a look at my pic's to see some of the progress as far as the paint goes.

I am still looking for some different tins and I will repaint yet again but I love the bike and it's one of the best I have ever been on.

Look forward to getting to know you all and reading all about the FXR's you may have.

new guy here from Reading PA

1990 FXR with a 103" S&S

I have a few mods in the works (probably standard spoke wheels and mid-controls)but for now I'm having a BLAST riding this one

Attachments

• IMG_0480sm.jpg
    IMG_0480sm.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0490sm.jpg
    IMG_0490sm.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 32
Back