free website stats program Jiffy stand coaster | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jiffy stand coaster

I have one of these that is the shape of a foot & it slides easily in my back pocket. I have to use it all the time for the deuce, and hubbies bike is heavier but doesn't dig into the asphalt like mine does at all. :newsmile040: It makes no sense, but that is how it goes.

I use and a lot of Old School shops use Old worn out Clutch Plates both in the shop and out in the lot Keeps the stands from sinking into the asphalt ! When we have bike shows we use 5x5 cut up plywood! !

Not sure what you call them, but have seen the little black base-plates at the HD shop, with the alignment grooves that you rest your jiffy stand on. They use these on the show room floor and have them under the jiffy stand with the bikes they have on display.

They also have these on the rack for sale. Is this what you folks carry around on your bike and use for everyday use when you park it somewhere? To keep from sinking into the ground, asphalt. Or is this just for use when you park in the garage. On my old metric, I used a cover plate off an electrical box for this purpose and not sure if I need to pick up one of these HD base plates. Not sure, other than the tour pack where I'd store it. Is this where you guys keep it? Thanks

Good observation Trvlr...the Jiffy Stand Coaster is ONLY $5.99, a bargain!!!! I tie a small lanyard (string) so you can pick it up when you leave and astride your bike. I also use it in my garage so the epoxy coated floor does not get scarred up... Everything we do is "tricky" isn't it? :newsmile100: Glider has us covered...thanks boss!

Last edited:
I used to use a stainless steel plate a friend gave me, but I had the problem of the foot of the stand not wanting to stay on and had to keep fiddling with it to get it centered. My brother-in-law (who doesn't ride) picked up a nifty plastic one from an insurance place he was doing business with. It has three raised sides and the foot slides right in and stays put; no fiddling. I remove it before mounting up (a few seconds on the ground or asphalt doesn't cause a problem. Store it in the windshield bag.

If you leave home with out it a crushed soda can works pretty good:s

I must confess... I am a Harleyholic but I have a Kawasaki "hockey puck" that I use on my E-Glide. I do however have a long piece of leather on it instead of a string. I thought that the leather would kind of bridge the gap from a rice part to use on my good old USA built scooter. Is this OK or have I shamed myself and the brand ? The reason I have it is because my brother gave it to me. I figured it would do just as good and I saved $6.00 Happy trails...

That's okay, when I picked up my Suzuki Katana in 1992 the dealer GAVE me their own dealer one with logo right off the showroom floor. :)

I must confess... I am a Harleyholic but I have a Kawasaki "hockey puck" that I use on my E-Glide. I do however have a long piece of leather on it instead of a string. I thought that the leather would kind of bridge the gap from a rice part to use on my good old USA built scooter. Is this OK or have I shamed myself and the brand ? The reason I have it is because my brother gave it to me. I figured it would do just as good and I saved $6.00 Happy trails...

My attitude would be that does not matter what it is as long as it stops the stand sinking into soft ground and dumping your bike on the ground
I do have a harley coaster in left side saddlebag as i found it a bit of a pest at times trying to find something suitable to go under the stand when away on a trip in an isolated area

Brian

I only use mine on asphalt on very warm days, and when parked on anything the stand may sink into, loose gravel, grass, etc. I cut one so it fits into my glove box in the left side lower. Ive seen and heard people that drill a hole into them for a string so they can just pull the disk off the ground with out having to lean all the way over, or get off the bike to retrieve it.
last year we had a metric go over into the warm asphalt, sunk about 4 inches in then down, did some damage. felt bad for the guy. my bike was right next to his and for longer time, standing tall and shiny with the plate under the stand. pick one up, or make something for when you need it. that is allot of weight resting on that couple square inches. if you use it once a year its worth it.

I keep a piece of aluminum plate in my saddlebag for treacherous parking, asphalt, gravel, grass, etc... Don't use it in the garage.
Good idea on the string thingy, think I'll drill a hole in the plate. Thanks Scrappy!!

I made a lanyard that loops from my lower fairing cover (hole) to the HD stand puck out of small-diameter black nylon string. This way it's always accessable & tucks away in lower storage.

Learned my lesson years ago w/metric cruiser...sinking feeling walking out to see your scoot down. Also try to never park directly on asphalt - look for end-spots near concrete curbs...JMO.

Back