free website stats program Jiffy stand coaster | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jiffy stand coaster

And there's my storage spot..thank you for that idea :s

I have the HD puck and use it whenever I park somewhere where the ground is soft or I'm not really sure of the asphalt. My Ultra will EASILY poke a hole through a thin asphalt parking lot on a hot day in the deep south. When I mount back up, I grab the puck and slide it in the slot behind me where the backrest is supposed to come through the seat. Fits great and stays put.

I have a backrest installed on my Ultra. So I store it in front of the tour pack behind the passenger seat. Doesn't bother the passenger and it tends to stay put until I need it. And my passenger (wife) can access it if I need it.

I have one also (As far as I know it is a puck) I use it on soft stuff, have a line attached. There are several other options, If you want one from HD pick it up but as it has been said, there are other things out there. Just don't count on finding a beer can or a coke can when you need one.

Hears a Question for you all, you happen upon a bike that is in the process of falling because they don't use this stand aid. Will you try to help by lifting and repositioning jiffy stand, put something under their stand, or look the other way until it finally falls?:newsmile040:

I liked the idea about the string attached to the "Base Plate" so much that I went to my shop and did the same. Another Great idea from this site. See what happens when great minds come together... Thanks Guys and Gals. :D

Is it not true that it could also aid in keeping your battery from discharging if its on concrete for a extended period, and if its made of rubber, can it help from getting a possible hit from lightning?

Hears a Question for you all, you happen upon a bike that is in the process of falling because they don't use this stand aid. Will you try to help by lifting and repositioning jiffy stand, put something under their stand, or look the other way until it finally falls?:newsmile040:

I believe I'd overcome my "hands off" policy and secure the bike. If anyone was around, I'd get them to notice the situation in case an overprotective owner (or security system) misinterpereted my actions.

Is it not true that it could also aid in keeping your battery from discharging if its on concrete for a extended period, and if its made of rubber, can it help from getting a possible hit from lightning?

Not true. Concrete and battery discharging is an old wives tale that won't die. I think an insulated item has as much chance of being hit by lightning as a grounded item, the difference is the amount of damage done. Might be something to send in to Mythbusters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried putting it in the slot for the backrest. Didn't go in deep enough, I thought, to stay put. Do you put the flat part in or press the flanges in? Thanks in advance.

I cut a piece of 1/4 luan plywood about the size of my wallet and then filed a nice round notch in either end. I then rounded all the edges with a roundover bit in my router. Sanded and polyed it after attaching a 'retreival string' which wraps around the entire unit and stays into the said notches. I can slide it into the tight gap between the Sundowner seat and the backrest support when traveling or stuff it in my back pocket on the opposite side from my wallet, believe it or not, it's not that uncomfortable! The secret is a smaller diameter but strong string. Happy bikin'!

I've been using a small piece of aluminium, cut from an old highway corner sign. Fashioned it to fit inside the left saddlebag guard bag on my RK. Attached a leather thong to loop over the hand grip. Never had my bike fall over since '94 when I was being stoopid.

Back