free website stats program Jiffy stand coaster | Harley Davidson Forums

Jiffy stand coaster

trvlr

Not sure what you call them, but have seen the little black base-plates at the HD shop, with the alignment grooves that you rest your jiffy stand on. They use these on the show room floor and have them under the jiffy stand with the bikes they have on display.

They also have these on the rack for sale. Is this what you folks carry around on your bike and use for everyday use when you park it somewhere? To keep from sinking into the ground, asphalt. Or is this just for use when you park in the garage. On my old metric, I used a cover plate off an electrical box for this purpose and not sure if I need to pick up one of these HD base plates. Not sure, other than the tour pack where I'd store it. Is this where you guys keep it? Thanks

I use the HD "plate" you mentioned in my garage. I've found it keeps any rust that may form on the bottom of the jiffy stand from tranfering to the garage floor. At other locations I use one of the freebee plates I've gotten at various rallies. Insurance and other vendors give them out. A flattened coke or beer can will also work.

I only use mine on asphalt on very warm days, and when parked on anything the stand may sink into, loose gravel, grass, etc. I cut one so it fits into my glove box in the left side lower. Ive seen and heard people that drill a hole into them for a string so they can just pull the disk off the ground with out having to lean all the way over, or get off the bike to retrieve it.
last year we had a metric go over into the warm asphalt, sunk about 4 inches in then down, did some damage. felt bad for the guy. my bike was right next to his and for longer time, standing tall and shiny with the plate under the stand. pick one up, or make something for when you need it. that is allot of weight resting on that couple square inches. if you use it once a year its worth it.

In the uk they are generally called coasters and i use them when im camping as the side stand can esily sink into ground
However a crushed beer can will do the same job if you just need to spread the load on soft ground

Brian

I have the HD puck and use it whenever I park somewhere where the ground is soft or I'm not really sure of the asphalt. My Ultra will EASILY poke a hole through a thin asphalt parking lot on a hot day in the deep south. When I mount back up, I grab the puck and slide it in the slot behind me where the backrest is supposed to come through the seat. Fits great and stays put.

I too have the hole drilled a machined piece of aluminum, with ridges on the side so the jiffy stand doesn't slide off of it. It makes it so much easier to retrieve it by simply pulling up on the string when I'm ready to go. I tie the other end of the string to the clutch lever. Before I drive off I put it in the left glove box. Nice and convenient! :)
And I too have left holes in my driveway when on a hot summers day the jiffy stand sunk into the hot asphalt.
Don't forget about the stand sinking into soft grass & mud! That'll get your bike tipped over too! :(

I did a wee bit of searching on this and harley part number = 94647-98 and is described as a jiffy stand coaster

Brian

tn157s3.jpg

$5.99

PN 94647-98 Designed for use beneath the jiffy stand, this polypropylene coaster prevents the stand from sinking into soft surfaces such as dirt, asphalt, and grass. Looks great in the garage, too, and comes with a molded-in hole for hanging and two "Bar & Shield" logos for style.

Fits all motorcycles equipped with a sidestand.

glider - digging this site and in an effort to begin "giving back" - are there any vendor relationships associated w/ this site that be of mutual benefit to do business with? Granted this isn't much, but hey I just got my bike a month or so ago...and it's a start :)

(I did see the "no more fried thighs" but my scoot has the HD-brand deflectors currenty - let me get thru this Florida summer and see if I need an upgrade lol)...thanks -

Back