free website stats program Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced?

Have you priced a BMW? As an owner of one don't even think about service or parts. Makes Harley look like a bargain. They are both fine machines and cannot be compared to one another. The one thing Harley has over any bike out there is the feeling you get when riding one. When you factor that in they are a steal, nothing like it.

I do not think that they are that overpriced. You get a beautiful bike, that has a good warranty, built by Americans in America, with a few options to choose from. Plus the resale value is what nails it. Yes, we all might sell one eventually. What is way overpriced is those cookie cutter customs!

YES THEY ARE OVER PRICED.........but if you look back HD has always been about the same price as your average automobile.Granted they do hold their value better than most but the way HD is flooding the market dont expect the newer bikes to do like the older (pre-1990s) that still can bring what was payed for them.
This is one reason that if/ when I am ready to get a newer one I will get one about 3 yrs old that the Newbie that bought it and tried of it and doesnt want to make the last payments I will snatch it up.:D

When we are buying a Harley Davidson product we are buying assurance of quality, a great reputaion and pride for the rider. So even if it is overpriced you should be satisfied that you are purchasing a great product.

You mean those HIGH quality plastic stick on tank emblems they are using? Most are peeling away from the bikes right on the showroom floor. For the money Harley, stick with a quality metal and stop saving pennies!

Hey SteveO,

Think you found the wrong website. No stick on anything on my new Harley and the only thing peeling is my tires as I pass ya by.:rider

Define 'Overpriced",
Harley's are more expensive than the new sytle "cruiser's" because they use Parts from Japan, Mexico and Germany.

Americans have their Health Insurance and benifits which cuts into cost for the company which inturn passes that onto the comsumer. If you want a water cooled bike that has anti-lock brakes, heated grips, a warrany that last more than 12 Months, then look into the other American made bikes. i.e., Honda. But if you want to be part of a biker lifestyle, than get a Harley, they might cost twice as much as an American made bike built in America. but they are worth it...

Currently ride;
1999 Road King
2004 Road Glide
2002 Honda VTX

This ain't no "push 1 for english" bike!!!!! This is an American crafted motorcycle from a company that is older than all of us.Yes it is expensive,it has to be other wise they would be putting more offshore parts on it than they already do.Check out the box that your parts come in,where were they made?Check out that $400 jacket you are wearing.Where was that made? It pisses me off that we have to buy from countries that are trying to bury us,but it's a fact of life now-a-days.
Don't get me wrong,I love my Harley and if anything needs to change,it's the quality control and r and d. Two recalls on an '07 bike is a bit much!!!!
The bottom line is:Charge what you want for the motorcycle,get it right the first time,and I'll buy another one in a heartbeat.Prices will always go up,Harleys will always be great bikes,I will always have one.That's a fact!!
God bless America !!!
The Pirate

Back