free website stats program Is 21,000 miles much on an Ultra | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 21,000 miles much on an Ultra

WOW Storm, you said a mouthful there, all excellent points too.

Ozone, take storm with you to buy your bike!:D

Thanks everyone. If what I wrote makes someones next buying experience less painful then it was well worth the time I spent typing.

Storm

OK guys, I need your input. I found another deal that I think is pretty good. It is a 2006 Ultra, Glacier White Pearl with silver pinstripes. It has 7,250 miles. It has an Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner kit and a Stage 1 download from H-D. It has a chopped smoked windshield and smoked air deflectors. Also has smoked running light and turn signal covers and has the chrome trim rings around the headlight, fog lights and turn signals. Chrome dash bezel rings and chrome trim ring around the radio. It also has Samson Dual Oval exhaust. He wants $15,800. It is owned by an older gentleman. I know a new bike would be better but that would be $6,000 more. Is this a deal too good to pass up?

Was it only driven on Sundays? :lolrolling Sounds good.

2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Clsc
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
1450cc
Suggested Retail Value
$16845*

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition.

2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Clsc
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
1450cc
Trade-In Value (Good Condition)
$12105*

Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit assuming an accurate appraisal of condition.

Anything between these two numbers is a good deal depending on condition.

I'd suggest finding out if he has had needed maintenance done on the bike. It should have had a full service at 5k miles. Also, remember that you don't have a warranty and probably no recourse once you shell out the money.

Storm

I'd suggest finding out if he has had needed maintenance done on the bike. It should have had a full service at 5k miles. Also, remember that you don't have a warranty and probably no recourse once you shell out the money.

Storm

It was purchased in July 2006, so it has a few months left on the factory warranty. It has had the service.

What about the color? What do you guys think about the color? Glacier White Pearl.

It was purchased in July 2006, so it has a few months left on the factory warranty. It has had the service.

What about the color? What do you guys think about the color? Glacier White Pearl.

You're going to drive yourself nuts at this rate. If YOU like the color, consider buying it because YOU are the one that has to be satisfied with the bike whether anybody else likes it or not.

I'm considering taking a ride to Indiana to check this bike over for you so we can get you riding while you can still get a leg over the bike:D

Back