free website stats program installing visor style trim rings | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

installing visor style trim rings

Sorry people Im new at this site and giving information. I didnt realize i was creating such a dramatic stur. I appologize for any misdirection this may have caused. So anyway here was my Idea that I used on my bike and it worked very well. The visor is suppose to fit over the original ring when you loosen the screw on the bottom of it. It clamps around the original ring and you tighten the new visor screw but you cant get rid of the gap on the new ring. After messing around with it for a while I took the original bezel off and added 1/4" stainless steel washers behind each mounting screw on the headlight mounting ring. They stick out enough for the new visor to catch on to and you can tighten it down till the gap on the bottom of the new visor ring is closed completly and the fit is perfect. I thought I would share that info to anyone who may have come across this problem as I have read in other post. Sorry again for making it sound like a big secret for that was not my intent. Hope this was usfull to someone.

Welcome to the forum 2004RoadKingClassic. I'm sure this will be useful to someone. Forum was just having fun with you. No need to apologize. They just thought it was a strange first post. We like to share info for all to use instead of asking to contact you. Just put up your info and be sure to search self-help tips or ask any questions. Great info on this forum. Enjoy!!

Welcome to the forum 2004RoadKingClassic. I'm sure this will be useful to someone. Forum was just having fun with you. No need to apologize. They just thought it was a strange first post. We like to share info for all to use instead of asking to contact you. Just put up your info and be sure to search self-help tips or ask any questions. Great info on this forum. Enjoy!!

Very good response:s

Back