free website stats program installing visor style trim rings | Harley Davidson Forums

installing visor style trim rings

If you had the plessure of trying to install these trim rings you may have found that it was not an easy task for the head lamp. That was my experiance anyway. I figured out a trick to make it easier and a better fit. If interested in my way you may contact me.

Why is it such a big secret? Can't you post your method here for everyone to benefit from?

If you had the plessure of trying to install these trim rings you may have found that it was not an easy task for the head lamp. That was my experiance anyway. I figured out a trick to make it easier and a better fit. If interested in my way you may contact me.

2004RKC...welcome to the HDTimeline forum :bigsmiley23: Like Doc says kinda unusual first post, but I'll bite...what is the secret, thought it was rather straight forward, but as always, the devil is in the details...:newsmile026:

Hate to burst your bubble but if you loosen the retaining screw in the stock headlight bezel enough (according to the instructions) , there isn't going to be any problems installing the new visor :D

This is the biggest problem when it isn't loose enough.

And/or trying to sell his secret method, which equals spamming!

Can 'em and don't let him read any of the self help tips either :lolrolling

I installed the ordinary trim rings on the headlight, passing lamps and signals.
Follow the insturctions included, not a problem. Hardest of the lot was the passing lamp rings, fitting the bulb into the rubber band and ring. Easier to do if you unplug the bulb.
As for the headlamp, like the other guy said, loosen the screw at the bottom of the origional ring and slip the other one right over it.

Well, I for one, will be interested to see how this little drama pans out....Tune in next week ladies and gentleman and find out if 2004RoadKing gives up his secret...or if he gets POOFED .

me? i'm on the edge of my seat, holding my breath. if i pass out maybe the g/f will pour some scotch and a molson golden down my throat.

Back