free website stats program installing visor style trim rings | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

installing visor style trim rings

That's what sold it to me when I saw it. Blue is my favorite color :newsmile026:

Except for black and gold and red, sometimes purple.

Not sure that will work. I think he's got the message that here, we share information...not hide it. Maybe we should give him a second chance and see if he steps up to the plate. Soooooooo are you with us, or agin us...? Now's the time to speak

Not sure that will work. I think he's got the message that here, we share information...not hide it. Maybe we should give him a second chance and see if he steps up to the plate. Soooooooo are you with us, or agin us...? Now's the time to speak

Hard bunch on this thread. this thread is kind of like popper fishing, toss it out and wait.

don't know if i want to put a visor on my RKP now kind of scared

If you had the plessure of trying to install these trim rings you may have found that it was not an easy task for the head lamp. That was my experiance anyway. I figured out a trick to make it easier and a better fit. If interested in my way you may contact me.

Next thing you know, he's going to give us a web site to contact him :lolrolling

Also...it's a light trim ring - not tearing into engine, or tranny. Not too complex of a task. Have to say if OP hasn't responded by now it's a sales pitch...JMO.

Sorry people Im new at this site and giving information. I didnt realize i was creating such a dramatic stur. I appologize for any misdirection this may have caused. So anyway here was my Idea that I used on my bike and it worked very well. The visor is suppose to fit over the original ring when you loosen the screw on the bottom of it. It clamps around the original ring and you tighten the new visor screw but you cant get rid of the gap on the new ring. After messing around with it for a while I took the original bezel off and added 1/4" stainless steel washers behind each mounting screw on the headlight mounting ring. They stick out enough for the new visor to catch on to and you can tighten it down till the gap on the bottom of the new visor ring is closed completly and the fit is perfect. I thought I would share that info to anyone who may have come across this problem as I have read in other post. Sorry again for making it sound like a big secret for that was not my intent. Hope this was usfull to someone.

Back