free website stats program I hate winter | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate winter

Can't stand the cold and I've been cooped up long enough. Pulling the cover off sitting on the RK and making vroom vroom noises just ain't the same.

"Ditto" on the hate winter thing. I take a serious blood thinner and am 61 to boot. Last couple weeks here in NC have been unusually cold and am waiting for warmth to come back. But then I'll just gripe about the heat. LOL

kinda off the topic a bit but where do people put last year's snow shovel? g/f wanted an extra shovel to help dig out of the big blizzard today. can't find any in delaware for weeks. snow blower? might get one in june. what do people do with all this stuff? salt, now i can see this as it is a consumable product. where does this stuff go? had the same shovel for 6 or 7 years. went to sears and what do i see-big sale on LAWN and GARDEN EQUIPMENT. now this is why i hate winter.

Winter here in Massachusetts is blah like most places. Just biding my time untill the Spring gets here.
Know what you mean about the bike "sweating" in the unheated garage when you fire up any kind of heating source. I hate to see those droplets of sweat all over my bike! :(

shoveled over a foot of falling snow last night (and plowed my lane twice). Got up today and another foot plus on everything and still falling. shoveled the walk, got the tractor out and ran down the lane once and the tractor wont get back up to the house...parked it after two hours of cold wet work and now am looking at another 4 inches of stuff on what I just shoveled....and still falling hard....I WILL NEVER SEE MY DRIVEWAY AGAIN! This is by far the biggest snowfall we have had here since we moved. We had a 20 plus inch storm some years ago but this year already we had 18 plus in Dec, several 6 plus and now this monster which will likely end up somewhere close to 30 here. Cant wait for a warm late Feb early Mar week to make all this turn to instant water so I can deal with flooding...yummy....Someone is not happy with me buying a new bike....

Phil

shoveled over a foot of falling snow last night (and plowed my lane twice). Got up today and another foot plus on everything and still falling. shoveled the walk, got the tractor out and ran down the lane once and the tractor wont get back up to the house...parked it after two hours of cold wet work and now am looking at another 4 inches of stuff on what I just shoveled....and still falling hard....I WILL NEVER SEE MY DRIVEWAY AGAIN! This is by far the biggest snowfall we have had here since we moved. We had a 20 plus inch storm some years ago but this year already we had 18 plus in Dec, several 6 plus and now this monster which will likely end up somewhere close to 30 here. Cant wait for a warm late Feb early Mar week to make all this turn to instant water so I can deal with flooding...yummy....Someone is not happy with me buying a new bike....

Phil
What part of WV are you in? I haven't talked to my folks yet today, just wondering how much snow they have. We have about 6" here in SW Ohio.

I am out by Martinsburg in the eastern panhandle...we got at least 29 inches although in some parts of the yard it measures over 32. I am still not completely dug out. My tractor has industrial tires which seem to slip pretty easy. I think it is time to get chains for the beast. Our road isnt plowed either so I think I work from home tomorrow for a while then go back out to do battle with my lane again.
I hope all of you in the central mid atlantic stayed safe through this one.

PHil

Don't be mad at me, but I sent my snow to the Slatyfork/Snowshoe area. :) My friends there like it.

My folks are on the other end of the state from you in Huntington. They only got an inch or so. Best of luck digging out. :s We are supposed to get another storm here Monday & Tuesday. Only 40 days until spring.

Back