free website stats program I hate winter | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate winter

Even FL has been really cold, but not cold for folks up north. It's warming up in time for the weekend. This weekends forecast for Daytona is....

Saturday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s.

Sunday...Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s.

shoot man - if we had HIGHS in the lower 40's in Missouri it would be considered a "heat-wave" !!!!! hahaha!!!

I have the same problem... anything metal sweats terrible. Is there any tricks to keeping that from happening, or are we just stuck with it?

If you turn the heat on the night before and leave it on, all the condensation will be gone. The bike and metal takes time to reach room temp. Once it does there will be no condensation. :s

I have the same problem... anything metal sweats terrible. Is there any tricks to keeping that from happening, or are we just stuck with it?

I have never experienced the problem but I would say the answer is Yes. Keeping the temperature of the bike metal vs ambient just by a couple of degrees higher should do it. I would place the entire bike on a piece of thick carpet. Under the carpet I would have a sheet of 6 mil "Visqueen" plastic. You must create a vapor barrier and that is the key. Now cover the bike with a breathable cotton sheet along with a Goldend-rod boat heater under the bike. I can't see how you would have moisture forming on metal with this in place. It may even work without the Goldenrod.

Even FL has been really cold, but not cold for folks up north. It's warming up in time for the weekend. This weekends forecast for Daytona is....

Saturday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s.

Sunday...Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s.

shoot man - if we had HIGHS in the lower 40's in Missouri it would be considered a "heat-wave" !!!!! hahaha!!!

I'd be happy to get above freezing so some of this stupid snow would melt. :newsmile08:

I have never experienced the problem but I would say the answer is Yes. Keeping the temperature of the bike metal vs ambient just by a couple of degrees higher should do it. I would place the entire bike on a piece of thick carpet. Under the carpet I would have a sheet of 6 mil "Visqueen" plastic. You must create a vapor barrier and that is the key. Now cover the bike with a breathable cotton sheet along with a Goldend-rod boat heater under the bike. I can't see how you would have moisture forming on metal with this in place. It may even work without the Goldenrod.
Thanks for this info. I have the exact same problem in my unheated garage. Next year I will follow your suggestion. What I do now is spray the whole bike down thoroughly with WD40 and hope for the best come Spring.

It's happening again. The weekend was in the high 60's/ low 70's. Tomorrow it's freezing rain, slight chance of snow and high 20's/low 30's. There's a word for this:newsmile055:

:newsmile08: Oh No! Was up to high 30's last few days and some of the leftover's from 2-10-10 ~ 24" storm started to melt along with leftovers from
2-5-10 ~ 18" storm now there forecasting another biggie for thurs. 16" + :newsmile08:

Feb. has just got to end.:swoon we've got totals near 100" for this winter.:30: Toooooooo Much for me.:(

Back