free website stats program How Many Miles on Your Harley? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Many Miles on Your Harley?

I have a 05 Springer softtail classic which I put
19,750 on her since buying her new 8/05 but she will not see the 20k with me
Will be trading her in for 09 street glide next week.
Then it will suck because the SG will sit in the HD shop till the snow
goes away in about 3-4 month I hope

Maybe not so bad, gives "quiet time" for you to contemplate mods & upgrades...just watch out, your wallet may take a bigger hit than the mental aggravation waiting...I feel a big Harley tax in your future...:D

I have a 05 Springer softtail classic which I put
19,750 on her since buying her new 8/05 but she will not see the 20k with me
Will be trading her in for 09 street glide next week.
Then it will suck because the SG will sit in the HD shop till the snow
goes away in about 3-4 month I hope

Have them deliver it to you in an enclosed trailer if you have a place to keep it inside.

Have them deliver it to you in an enclosed trailer if you have a place to keep it inside.

I thought about that and the dealer said they would deliver it
but it's probably better staying at a warm HD shop then sitting
in my cold garage. But the first sunny 50 degree day with no snow on the
ground she out of there. Hell I'll probably have to dig a trail out for them
when they come get the springer. To much snow around here now
even to take the springer for that one last ride.

I have over 38,000 on 2000 Ultra and 12,000 on 2008 Ultra. Yes I will buy another Ultra, and am likeing the 2009 more and more, but I will wait to see what MoCo does with the 2010.

The compensating sprockets on the 07 - 2008 are causeing problems. My 08 is at the dealer now. The compensating sprocket was mashing itself - literally. I am having the new SE compensating sprocket put in place of the stock.

The one positive thing about having a bike that spent 10 years parked I only have 16,000 on my 87 fxrs, and my 89 sportster has 3,600 original miles on it.:D

Seems like this thread is dead...but just in case. :)

I have a '78 1/2 Electra Glide Shovel (That I bought in 92)...Not really sure how many miles are on it. It's on it's third speedometer (not all of them replaced 'cause they died..once for cosmetic reasons during a rebuild). I'll guess about 45,000.

Also, have an '08 Road Glide-Anniversary Edition (bought new) that is a couple hundred past 10,000 on it. I really like it...no complaints at all.

Won't get rid of the Shovel....Someone will inherit that one.

I REALLY like the improvements made to the '09 Touring bikes. May start sniffing around in 2010 and see what happens. The new bikes have an extra 75lbs load capacity over the earlier bikes (I'm 6' 7" about 250...and already went on a diet...I'm as skinny as I'm gonna get so safe the wise-cracks :)) and when I ride two up, we're cutting it close on the max weight. That extra 75 lbs would make me feel better. The re-routed exhaust and the rear cylinder shut off capabilities sound pretty righteous too.

So...I've not really answered your question have I.... Ummmmm....Don't trade them in unless you HAVE too! :)

Later,

Timotwo

Same as there was when I last posted on this thread:(

Last edited:
Back