free website stats program Helmet Poll, Do you wear one? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Poll, Do you wear one?

Do you wear a Helmet?

• Yes, because the law says I have to.

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • Yes, I am more comfortable riding with a helmet even if the law doesn't require it.

Votes: 128 57.1%
  • Sometimes, even though I live where it's not required where I ride.

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • No, I prefer to ride without, and where I live their is no requirement.

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Mandatory in Tennessee. I usually wore mine anyway, especially after my 3 year old grandson asked about one day when I didn't put it on.

I got my strap fixed today, guess I will start wearing it again

Well in the 80's living in Maryland I did not wear a helmet and went down doing a wheelie estimated speed 60 plus this was at a three day party. No major I injuries. So to my point I have worn a helmet since the event. In addition on the freeways in Southern California I wear a full face do to road debris and a consistent cruising speed of 75 to 80.

Well in the 80's living in Maryland I did not wear a helmet and went down doing a wheelie estimated speed 60 plus this was at a three day party. No major I injuries. So to my point I have worn a helmet since the event. In addition on the freeways in Southern California I wear a full face do to road debris and a consistent cruising speed of 75 to 80.

It sounds as if your Gaurdian Angels were taking care of you...
Good for you wearing a helmet.....:s

I got my strap fixed today, guess I will start wearing it again

I have never seen you wear a helmet Jack. I guess Feb. will be a first.
Myself when I get in a non-helmet state I shed the bucket.
Maybe not the smartest thing, but it sure feels good!

Even Here In Az. I wear a DOT shorty helmet. OLD HABITS are hard to break...

Of Corse, I Need some help with my Hair :panic It does stay out of my eyes with the helmet on....

I need a Lower helmet some times as The Lord put some of MY brains in a lower extremity... (hope that will fly here):tounge

I have had a few NASTY's over the years from on Highway bikes and Dirt riding ...

I DO attribute me still being here because I wear AND WORE the helmet.

ALWAYS YOUR CHOICE of course

I DO Believe in

:newsmile075: FREEDOM

signed....BUBBIE

And remember guys that the shelf life of a helmet is approx. 5 years. Immediately toss helmet if involved in any type of collision or needs repaired...

I started off with a half helmet but without a windshield it kept blowing back on my head plus I must have sensitive ears. Should have wore the ear plugs I bought but when I got ready to ride, the earplugs just didn't seem important. The full face I have actually really enjoyed. Keep the visor flipped back almost all the time unless I'm on a two lane with lots of large trucks sailing by going the other direction. A rock or pebble at 130 mph impact speed doesn't qualify as fun in my book.

I choise not to and I respect others that chose to wear one. I can make an argument for either way. We don't need Govt agency telling us what to do. Best wishes to everyone for a great and safe New Year!

I choose to wear a full face, modular, hi-vis yellow helmet every time I ride. Why? Because I figure being out on a motorcycle we have so little protection from vehicles, that it only makes sense to wear as much protective gear as possible.

Back