free website stats program Helmet Poll, Do you wear one? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Poll, Do you wear one?

Do you wear a Helmet?

• Yes, because the law says I have to.

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • Yes, I am more comfortable riding with a helmet even if the law doesn't require it.

Votes: 128 57.1%
  • Sometimes, even though I live where it's not required where I ride.

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • No, I prefer to ride without, and where I live their is no requirement.

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I wear a helmet because of two reasons, 1, It's North Carolina law, and 2, I am in the Military, and the Army says that even if state law says you DON'T need a helmet, I am still required to wear one, even off duty. So if I go down to Daytona Bike week, I still need to wear one.
If it was my choice, I wouldn't wear one in town but on highways I would.

A fall of 3 feet, hitting your head on a hard surface can kill you.

Years ago, I rode my Hondas many miles. I wore a helmet on all rides. Then I got married and had kids. We all know about choices. The motorcycle had to go, too expensive. I got divorced and started riding bikes again, pedal bikes. Rode across Oregon 10 times and still wore a helmet.

In September I found the bike I was looking for. I bought a 2002 Screamin' Eagle Road King. Beautiful bike, purple with silver and gray flames. Before I left the shop I did two things. I make sure my insurance agent had a policy in place to protect me and the bike. Even better, I bought the best helmet the shop had. I fell off. I was not hurt too bad, 4 ribs broken, road rash on my knuckles and knees. My helmet has a bad scratch or two from the pavement. Had I not had a helmet, I would not be typing this, I would be dead and in a box. Or part of me would be in a box, parts of me would be in other people.

And the bike, it will be back in a couple of months. Original paint and flames, new crash bars, new front fender, new windshield, minor parts, labor=$9100.00 Progressive finally decided I was covered by the policy they sent to me on September 7 was in force and I really did pay for the policy on September 6. Two months to do the right thing and start paying the claim.

No helmet.Helmet law repealed in Wisconsin.Before repeal it felt like helmet would pull Your head off Your neck!
I ride for freedom and it is My choice!

I prefer not to, but, I do wear them more than I used to. I got hit by a car, head on, in town, in '09. No helmet, but I was lucky and walked away with nothing more than some bruises and a pretty good concussion. Since then I wear it more. On long road trips it stays on for the duration. It's just easier to wear it since my travels will often carry me through mandatory states. Fortunately I live in a state that respects freedom of choice. Such choices should not be mandated by government. My wife refuses to get on the scoot without her full-face, the one wreck we did have together in '89 the full-face did save her life.

i have too unless i want a ticket. maybe one day ill try it with out a helmet and just put a black cap on , see how far i can get hahahahahahahaha

Its mandatory in California but must say alot like the seat belt law I was against it at first but now I fell naked without it.l wear novelty helmets at times but I wont let my girl were nothing thats not DOT approved.

Back