free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 20 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
Must be the OP'S mechanics terminology. To me something shifting and something running out of true are 2 different things.

I would think he is stating the crank shaft came out of true. The crank shaft attaches to the flywheels.
tourbox

I am sure he is talking too much run out, in my case with my Streetbob it had so much run out it broke the cam plate and oil pump but did not vibrate, I was able to ride it to the dealer

I am sure he is talking too much run out, in my case with my Streetbob it had so much run out it broke the cam plate and oil pump but did not vibrate, I was able to ride it to the dealer

I'm sure that's what he meant, just found it odd that a mechanic would describe crank runout as flywheel shifting.

I make reference to the last sentence of my last post #187. The vibration the OP is experiencing sounded a lot like a tweaked or "shifted" crank but I did not want to be an alarmist until all other possible sources had been run to ground. Great news that the dealer is taking the bike back and hope the OP gets treated right on the trade but I would avoid an '07 model. That was the first year of the offshore cranks and there has been a higher incidence of tweaked cranks in that model year as the new vendor worked out their quality issues.

I make reference to the last sentence of my last post #187. The vibration the OP is experiencing sounded a lot like a tweaked or "shifted" crank but I did not want to be an alarmist until all other possible sources had been run to ground. Great news that the dealer is taking the bike back and hope the OP gets treated right on the trade but I would avoid an '07 model. That was the first year of the offshore cranks and there has been a higher incidence of tweaked cranks in that model year as the new vendor worked out their quality issues.
This is the same or similar problem Rev Tech faced with their motors, they learned the hard way and made improvements and came out with a 110

Back