free website stats program Getting the better half to go on long trips! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting the better half to go on long trips!

i am with you Mat...my wife of 18 does not ride and has no ambition to. we spend almost all our free time together, but she knows my passion for riding and has no problem with it. when i am at work she always tells me to go for a ride every day to clear my head and rid the stress.
one day while having coffee in the morning with her she just stared at me. i tried to figure out what i did wrong (nope nothing there) ok so i must of said something (nope nothing there). then she said your going to drive me nuts when you retire! i said i promise to ride and fish more. :D she just smiled and said ok that will work :D:D gota love her

:laugh.....Thats funny..My wife thinks like yours..:bigsmiley11:

if my wife did not like to ride so much it would saved me $20k + she had to have her cross bones so she can ride her own

I'm lucky, i got a fiance who loves to ride. been on rides alot this summer and summer before that..hopefully taking her with me to dc next year!!

My ex-wife hated the bike.....that whole "you love the bike more than me" thing. Of course (at the time) that was nowhere near true. No matter how many times or ways I explained it she never could get it and now she's my ex. Not ENTIRELY the bikes fault. But my girlfriend (also not the reason for the divorce) loves to ride. She wants to ride more than me sometimes. I tell people that she fell in love the first day we met and she heard "Harley Davidson" come out of my mouth. I love having her there on trips and we have the same tastes so finding destinations that we both like isn't usually hard. HOWEVER, I do at times enjoy solo rides and she knows it and completely understands it. I explained to her long ago that my ex hated the bike and so I got used to riding solo and enjoyed it. So she will have no problem if I take a trip solo. But for us lucky ones, being with someone that wants to be with you (and your bike) is something that shouldn't ever be taken for granted. Enjoy the time you have apart but cherish the time you have together.

Blue...ya got my thoughts exactly right...! My gal was not the least bit interested in the beginning, but slowly warmed up to try it riding on the back for short trips and then longer ones. She does not like to go on long rides unless it includes nice warm shower and comfortable bed at the end...she "really" does not care for camping and "roughing it". :swoon

Gotta love it though, when she commented about bikers not being long on brains or skill, I challenged her and so she took the rider written test and failed, she was then "forced" to learn to ride...taking the MSF course and passed. I got her a small Honda 250 V-Twin which she rode with me for a four years...she stopped riding it for awhile, satisfied as my pillion partner, though she recently starting riding with renewed interest on a Vespa 200 (have to admit even I like riding the thing), being only 300 lbs but able to get better than 65mpg and can cruise on the highway at 75 mph...:newsmile036:

Blue...ya got my thoughts exactly right...! My gal was not the least bit interested in the beginning, but slowly warmed up to try it riding on the back for short trips and then longer ones. She does not like to go on long rides unless it includes nice warm shower and comfortable bed at the end...she "really" does not care for camping and "roughing it". :swoon

Gotta love it though, when she commented about bikers not being long on brains or skill, I challenged her and so she took the rider written test and failed, she was then "forced" to learn to ride...taking the MSF course and passed. I got her a small Honda 250 V-Twin which she rode with me for a four years...she stopped riding it for awhile, satisfied as my pillion partner, though she recently starting riding with renewed interest on a Vespa 200 (have to admit even I like riding the thing), being only 300 lbs but able to get better than 65mpg and can cruise on the highway at 75 mph...:newsmile036:
Do you whair your HD gear when riding the Vespa and can you post a pik of it...:p...Kiding

Actually the Vespa scooter is a pretty cool deal, born out of the ashes of WWII and in Europe was credited with helping to get Europe "rolling" with so much of the industries and raw materials in short supply. Like I said, it can get over 75mph and over 65mpg, mid size fairing and storage under the seat or rear rack standard, a GT200 is freeway legal and kick in the pants to ride.:newsmile036:

i am with you Mat...my wife of 18 does not ride and has no ambition to. we spend almost all our free time together, but she knows my passion for riding and has no problem with it. when i am at work she always tells me to go for a ride every day to clear my head and rid the stress.
one day while having coffee in the morning with her she just stared at me. i tried to figure out what i did wrong (nope nothing there) ok so i must of said something (nope nothing there). then she said your going to drive me nuts when you retire! i said i promise to ride and fish more. :D she just smiled and said ok that will work :D:D gota love her

I can't believe this made it so long.......but I have to say it...........Lorne, your wife is only 18???? WOW! :D :lolrolling

I can't believe this made it so long.......but I have to say it...........Lorne, your wife is only 18???? WOW! :D :lolrolling

wow your right she going to love it when i tell her she is not really 52. :lolrolling:lolrolling
but on the better side it makes me 18, and what i would give to be there again :D

Back