free website stats program geting on and off...the ride | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

geting on and off...the ride

I get on the Dyna from the left. I get on the Electra Glide from the right. Reason? I hit the R.(uphill) saddlebag lid with my boot when I get on the E.G. from the left.
The funny looks I get is because I try to turn the E.G. off by reaching behind my right leg for the key, or reach for the triple tree switch when I'm on the Dyna. :newsmile108:

Im exactly the same way. I even put them in the garage according to that.

:Sometimes I wonder some weard things...Could be some left over stuff I did when I was young.:)..Aneyway..I saw a vid on here yesterday about how to pick your ride up if she goes down and the guy mounted his ride from the right side..Looked weard to me. Whats up with that? Kick stand side for me..:bigsmiley21:

:newsmile07: just asking here --- Is the question / comment directed on how to pick up the scoot after it falls or which side to mount up on ? ( just my leftover stuff !!!! hahaha!!!):D

I take a running start 20 feet from the rear and gaily leap over the sissy bar and land gracefully in the saddle. Man I look good.:D

Any other time I mount from whatever side I happen to be on. So far my bike hasn't objected.
However, like Breeze3at stated, mounting from the right is easier as it helps me avoid kicking the uphill (R) saddlebag when I mount from the left. At my age I can't even reach my feet let alone get them very far off the ground.

:newsmile07: just asking here --- Is the question / comment directed on how to pick up the scoot after it falls or which side to mount up on ? ( just my leftover stuff !!!! hahaha!!!):D

Well...Which side we mount up on..I dont know why,, I Had to ask...I also mount my bed, my liveing room chair,and my tractor from the left..When I use to race we turned left..Once a guy told me I couldnt do aneything right so I hit hem with a left..:D.I made that part up

"tried dismounting over the bars once... didn't like that."
Yep, I've done that a couple times. Broke my collar bone in two places once. I didn't like it either.

I usually don't have a preference for which side to mount up from. When it's in the garage it's up against the wall on it's left side so I'm forced mount righty.
Just the other day I saw a video where a motor cop was teaching to mount from the right side. I'm sure it's because that's typically the safest side to mount/dismount from when on the side of the road. He did say that mounting that way also allows the rider to mount and hold the front brake at the same time. Made sense to me.

Motor cops are trained to mount / dismount on the right side because the traffic is on the left side.

While ol Roy did mount from the back, my favorite was the side mount while Trigger was at full gallop. When you master this one we will expect video.

My motto guzzi battery died and i had to push start it for a week till i could get a battery to fit it had very hi gearing when that engine fired i had to be on very quick or it would be down the road without me
i was younger fitter and faster then

Brian

My motto guzzi battery died and i had to push start it for a week till i could get a battery to fit it had very hi gearing when that engine fired i had to be on very quick or it would be down the road without me
i was younger fitter and faster then

Brian

Brian ,,,Or Fin 676...We have seen people runing after thair cars, but I have never seen aneyone going after thair motto guzzi... Now that would be funny. I hope you dont mind me saying the motto guzzi part. Are you a old fitter now?.:D

Back