free website stats program geting on and off...the ride | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

geting on and off...the ride

My bike doesn't like it if I mount from the right, acts funny like a iron horse.

Actually it doesn't make any difference to me. I worked in a horse stable once after school and we were taught to alway mount from the left side. Some of the horses would actually jump around and get upset if you tried to mount them from the right.

Mostly the left side but sometimes on and off on the right side left side puts me away from traffic if at the side of the road

Brian

Is that because you ride on the correct side of the road?:newsmile108:

Left side for me. I am inseam challenged and it is just easier to get my leg over. I dont like standing on the right foot board to mount from the right.

Just my preference.

I don't know how others feel but I would NEVER actually stand on the right side floor board on a bike where the side stand is on the left. Too great a possibility of someday exceeding that fine line where it actually would start tipping to the right.

I'll mount/dismount either side. What ever is convenient for the moment. I try to mix it up. That way, I'm always comfortable getting on or off regardless where I park, or, if someone else parks too close to one side or the other. I call it my "Ambi-Mount" method.

This is my favorite answer so far!

When I park in the garage I always get on and off from the right side. This is because I park it as close as I can to the wall. Anywhere else it's just what ever side I walk up to. Could be left, could be right. I normally get off on the left though when not in the garage.

I like to run at the bike from the back...Put both hands on the trunk and leap...( Roy Rogers style):D

I like to run at the bike from the back...Put both hands on the trunk and leap...( Roy Rogers style):D

While ol Roy did mount from the back, my favorite was the side mount while Trigger was at full gallop. When you master this one we will expect video.

I get on the Dyna from the left. I get on the Electra Glide from the right. Reason? I hit the R.(uphill) saddlebag lid with my boot when I get on the E.G. from the left.
The funny looks I get is because I try to turn the E.G. off by reaching behind my right leg for the key, or reach for the triple tree switch when I'm on the Dyna. :newsmile108:

I get on the Dyna from the left. I get on the Electra Glide from the right. Reason? I hit the R.(uphill) saddlebag lid with my boot when I get on the E.G. from the left.
The funny looks I get is because I try to turn the E.G. off by reaching behind my right leg for the key, or reach for the triple tree switch when I'm on the Dyna. :newsmile108:

we use to have a lot of right hand drive trucks at work. at least we could look in the glove box like got in that side for a purpose. :D

Back