free website stats program Gerbing Clothing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbing Clothing

For those of you that have the gloves (probably the G3) - how do they do if you don't plug them in? I'm curious if they will work in a wide range of temps. Like 50 on down. I bought a pair of Burton gloves (snow boarder gloves) and they keep my hands pretty warm but I don't have the dextarity I'd like to have - getting to the clutch and brake leavers is a bit rough... If I had a single pair of gloves that would go from 50 to mid 30's that would be great!

For those of you that have the gloves (probably the G3) - how do they do if you don't plug them in?

They don't work then :lolrolling

I assume you meant on a battery pack?

Never tried the battery pack but the battery voltage from the bike is a bit higher so they work well hooked up to the bike.

i think he means do they keep your hands warm without supplied power. good question. i was looking into these also. thinking vest liner and gloves and I'll be set.

If I use mine with the regulator turned off, they do not work very well at all. My fingers get cold quickly. Of course, that is a problem with me, that's why I have heated gloves in the first place. :bigsmiley24:

i think he means do they keep your hands warm without supplied power. good question. i was looking into these also. thinking vest liner and gloves and I'll be set.

Yep - that's what I meant.

If I use mine with the regulator turned off, they do not work very well at all. My fingers get cold quickly. Of course, that is a problem with me, that's why I have heated gloves in the first place. :bigsmiley24:

And that's the feedback I was looking for! Thanks for the info guys - I'm still looking pretty hard at them - I'm getting tired of cold hands...

If you lo0k at the amps
that each pice pulls. you will need to make sure you have big enough fuss.
I ran a junktion box, so i only have one 12ga wire going to the a battery, you start adding ele, things you will have a miss at the battery. I ran connection back by the communication port, for the passager. After useing the heated garments. i find you have wires rubbing on the tank for the rider. Not sure way HD don't have a port on the EG's for heated clothing,

For those of you that have the gloves (probably the G3) - how do they do if you don't plug them in? I'm curious if they will work in a wide range of temps. Like 50 on down. I bought a pair of Burton gloves (snow boarder gloves) and they keep my hands pretty warm but I don't have the dextarity I'd like to have - getting to the clutch and brake leavers is a bit rough... If I had a single pair of gloves that would go from 50 to mid 30's that would be great!

I have the gloves and they work great to keep your hands warm unheated too.
Rode in the 40s and they seem ok, but I like turning the heat on, its just to easy and warm...

Jacket liner and waiting on the G3's! Seems my legs and feet are fine so I just need to warm the hands!! I don't know why I waited so long to order the gloves.

Back